Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Don’t Climb Every Mountain




Published: May 17, 2012



Katmandu, Nepal


Paul Rogers



ALL mountain climbs contain an element of risk. How a mountaineer chooses to approach that risk, using the sum of the physical, mental and emotional powers at his or her disposal, is the basic challenge of the endeavor. At its best, mountaineering rewards shrewd and independent decision making.


Sadly, events on the south (Nepalese) side of Mount Everest this season suggest that while the risks inherent in climbing the mountain have never been greater, a majority of Everest climbers are increasingly estranged from the decision-making process. Two intersecting trends are to blame: the rising number of people attempting the mountain, and the cumulative effects of global warming, which is slowly yet steadily drying out the Himalayas, resulting in rockfalls, avalanches and sérac collapses.


The sheer number of people courting Everest — this season, approximately 750 foreign climbers and local Sherpas, from 32 expeditions — has created a system whereby the entire climbing route is institutionally maintained. Approximately six miles of rope is strung up the mountain each April, secured by hundreds of snow pickets and ice screws. Sections of aluminum ladder are employed to span crevasses too wide to safely step across.


The principal organization responsible for this artificial trail is the Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee, a professional cadre of climbing Sherpas known as the icefall doctors. Although important decisions are generally made by rough consensus among expedition leaders, and often guides and volunteers will help with maintaining the route, a vast majority of climbers simply start at the bottom of the mountain and go where the ropes lead them.


The classic route from the south, as pioneered by the British in 1953, follows the Western Cwm, a natural valley, and is exposed to falling hazards for much of the way. Climbers must contend with two notorious risks: the Khumbu Icefall and the Lhotse Face.


This season, hampered by dry conditions, the mountain has been dangerously alive. Last week, rock fall on the Lhotse Face resulted in a half-dozen serious injuries, and one very near miss was reported when a titanic avalanche ripped between camps 1 and 2, thundering completely across the valley and obliterating the trail. “At certain times during the day there are more than 50 people on this path,” the writer Mark Jenkins wrote recently in a dispatch from the mountain for National Geographic’s Web site.


Climbers speak of two kinds of hazards: objective and subjective. The subjective risks are those you can potentially control through skill and experience. The objective ones are events like avalanches and icefall that don’t care who you are, only that you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rarely has so much of the latter been stacked up against so little of the former. Although there were a few complaints whispered through base camp that perhaps a safer route was possible through the icefall, more to the center of the formation, and the lines on the Lhotse Face were moved farther to the side in response to intense rockfall that was strafing the normal line, most climbers seemed to accept these dangers as unavoidable.


In the end, mountaineers have one final option at their disposal. They can choose not to be there in the first place.

Last weekend, Russell Brice, owner and operator of Himalayan Experience, one of the largest and most respected operations on the mountain, told his combined team of more than 60 clients, guides and climbing Sherpa staff members that he was canceling the rest of their season. On his Web site, Mr. Brice was succinct: “I had long and serious talks with the Sherpas, the icefall doctors and my guides, and we have made the decision to cancel the expedition. We can no longer take the responsibility of sending you, the guides and the Sherpas through the dangerous icefall and up the rockfall-ridden Lhotse Face.”


Everest summit season, traditionally stretching from the second week of May to the beginning of June, is upon us. The world will probably soon hear of great triumphs on the peak, and there is equal capacity for great calamity. May the shrewdest and most independent decision of the season not go unnoticed.


Freddie Wilkinson is a guide, author and climber from Madison, N.H.


Source: http://www.nytimes.c...=me&ref=general


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Τρεις αλπινιστές έχασαν χθες Κυριακή τη ζωή τους στη διάρκεια κατάβασης από την κορυφή του όρους Έβερεστ, ανακοίνωσαν σήμερα οι τουριστικές αρχές του Νεπάλ.


Ένας από αυτούς είναι Γερμανός γιατρός και όπως δήλωσε ο σέρπα, Ανγκ Τσέρινγκ της διοργανώτριας εταιρείας της αποστολής Asian Trekking, «υποψιαζόμαστε ότι πέθανε εξαιτίας της νόσου μεγάλου υψομέτρου» .


Ο Έμπερχαρντ Σάαφ, 61 ετών, πέθανε το Σάββατο, σύμφωνα με το Γερμανικό Πρακτορείο Ειδήσεων.


Η ίδια πηγή αναφέρει ότι οι άλλοι δύο είναι ο γεννημένος στο Νεπάλ, Καναδός υπήκοος Σρέγα Σαχ και ένας Κορεάτης, ενώ αγνοείται και ένας Κινέζος υπήκοος.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Deaths on Mount Everest During Weekend | This Season’s Death Toll = 9


By Miles Clark · May 21, 2012 · 16 Comments


The “Green Boots” body has been on Everest since 1996 and is a landmark for climbers

This past weekend was a deadly weekend on the world’s tallest mountain. 3 climbers are confirmed dead on Everest and two are missing. Missing on Everest means dead. Nine climbers have now perished on Everest this season.

This Everest climbing season has been especially dangerous due to low snowfall in the Himalaya causing icier than normal conditions, weakened icefalls, more rockfall, and more open crevasses.

Because there is little fresh snow, icy surfaces on the slopes make climbing more difficult and dangerous.
The snow acts as glue, stopping rocks from falling on the climbers.” – Conrad Anker, badass USA mountaineer

Well-known expedition organizer Russell Brice cited the mountain’s precarious condition in his decision in early May to cancel this year’s climb for more than 60 clients
.” –
, Associated Press


Khumbu Icefall sketchiness

150 people attempted to summit Everest during a weather window on this past Friday and Saturday (May 18 & 19). Large numbers of climbers attempting to summit at the same time creates dangerous traffic jams at the Hillary Step and the Balcony on summit day.

There was a traffic jam on the mountain on Saturday
. Climbers were still heading to the summit as late as 2:30 p.m., which is quite dangerous.”- Nepali mountaineering official Gyanendra Shrestha

Common turnaround times on summit day are 11am-12pm. Later than that, you’re gambling with your life.

“With the traffic jam, climbers had a longer wait for their chance to go up the trail and spent too much time at higher altitude.
Many of them are believed to be carrying a limited amount of oxygen, not anticipating the extra time spent
.” - Nepali mountaineering official Gyanendra Shrestha


Near the summit of Mt. Everest

The May 18-19 weather window was not an ideal one as high winds and very low temperatures battered the traffic jammed climbers.

“Last night [May 19th], the weather was very difficult with high winds and low temperatures.
There were many summits but also many teams turned backed
.” -
, Everest summiteer & climbing journalist

I estimate there have been over 300 summits this week alone
.” -

It was a very busy week on Everest with many climbers and teams on the mountain. That resulting traffic jams were unwanted.

Video displaying South Col route where deaths occured



- Shriya Shah, Canadian Non-Resident Nepali (died during descent from summit)

- Dr Ebehard Schaaf h, a climber from Germany (died during descent from summit at South Summit)

- Song Won-bin, South Korean mountaineer (died at the Balcony from AMS and fall)



- Ha Wenyi, a Chinese climber & his Nepali Sherpa



- 7 deaths have been confirmed this climbing season and two are still missing:

“40 year-old Karsang Namgyal Sherpa climbing with Prestige Adventures related to alcohol at base camp; Peak Freaks’ Namgyal Tshering Sherpa fell from a ladder into a crevasse near C1; Dawa Tenzing with Himex from stroke and died in Kathmandu; 33 year-old Indian, Ramesh Gulve, climbing with the Pune team suffered a stroke around Camp2 and died back in India. Dr Ebehard Schaaf with Asian Trekking of HACE near South Summit, Shriya Shah, a Canadian Non-Resident Nepali, Song Won Bin from South Korea died at the Balcony from AMS and then a fall. Chinese climber, Ha Wenyi. A Nepali Sherpa guide has been missing since May 19.” -
, Everest summiteer & climbing journalist


Climber body on Mt Everest



- 234 people have died on Mt Everest between 1922 and today

- An estimated 200 bodies are currently on Mt. Everest



- 1996 = 15 deaths

- 2006 = 11 deaths

- 1982 = 11 deaths

- 1988 = 10 deaths

- 1997 = 9 deaths

- 1922 = 7 deaths (there are many years with 8 deaths but 1922 was the 1st climbing season ever on Everest)


Many of the 200 bodies on Everest are on the summit route. They are used as landmarks to orient climbers to their exact position.



- 1 out of every 10 successful summits ends in death on Everest

- Most deaths occur on descent not ascent

- Deadliest day on Mt Everest = May 10th 1996 when 8 people died

- There is currently no limit on how many climbers can attempt Everest in one season

The message conveyed in this post is that climbing above 8,000 meters is extremely serious. So many factors encountered are out of your control. Add to that a bulk of climbers on summit day at the same time, and the risk factors multiply. Climbing Mt Everest is both a crowning achievement and a profound risk for anyone daring enough to attempt to reach its summit.


πηγη unofficialnetworks

"I would never have imagined that a girl from little ol’ Midland, Ont. would be where I am today.So always dream big…you can make it happen!"(Sarah Burke)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Deaths on Mount Everest During Weekend | This Season’s Death Toll = 9


By Miles Clark · May 21, 2012 · 16 Comments




Το σώμα "Πράσινες Μπότες" βρίσκεται στο Εβερεστ από το 1996 και είναι οροσημο για τους ορειβατες.

Το Σαββατοκυριάκο που μας πέρασε ήταν θανατηφόρο -3 ορειβάτες είναι νεκροί και 2 άλλοι αγνοούνται.Αγνοούμενοι στο Έβερεστ σημαίνει νεκροί.

Αυτή η ορειβατική σεζόν υπήρξε ιδιαίτερα επικίνδυνη εξαιτίας χαμηλής χιονόπτωσης στα Ιμαλάια,κάτι που οδήγησε σε συνθήκες πάγου,ασθενέστερες χιονοπτώσεις,περισσότερες

πτώσεις βράχων,και πιο ανοικτές crevasses.

"Εξαιτίας,του ότι υπάρχει λίγο φρέσκο χιόνι,οι παγωμένες επιφάνειες στις πλαγιές κάνουν την ορειβασία δυσκολότερη και πιο επικίνδυνη.Το χιόνι δρα ως κόλλα,σταματώντας

την πτώση βράχων."-Conrad Anker,USA ορειβάτης

"Ο πολύ γνωστός διοργανωτής αποστολών ,Russel Brice ανέφερε την κατάσταση του βουνού στην απόφαση του αρχές Μαίου να ακυρώσει τη φετινη ανάβαση για

πάνω από 60 πελάτες.


Khumbu Icefall sketchiness



150 άνθρωποι προσπάθησαν να ανέβουν κατά τη διάρκεια ενός "παράθυρου" του καιρού μεταξύ 18-19/5.Μεγάλος αριθμός ορειβατών που προσπαθούν να ανέβουν ταυτόγχρονα,

προκαλούν επικίνδυνη κυκλοφοριακή συμφόρηση στο Hillary Step και στο Balcony στην κορυφή.

"Υπήρχε πρόβλημα στο βουνό το σάββατο.ορειβάτες ανέβαινουν στην κορυφή έως και τις 2.30μμ,κάτι που είναι επικίνδυνο"δήλωσε αξιωματούχος.

Οι πιο συχνές ώρες επιστροφής από την κορυφή είναι μεταξύ 11πμ-12 .Πιο αργά,ρισκάρεις τη ζωή σου.

Ο ίδιος δηλώνει "Με το συνωστισμό,οι ορειβάτες έπρεπε να περιμένουν πιο πολλή ώρα για την ευκαιρία τους να αρχίσουν το μονοπάτι και έτσι εκτίθενται περισσότερη

ώρα σε μεγαλύτερο υψόμετρο.Μάλιστα κάποιοι κουβαλούν μαζί τους λιγότερη ποσότητα οξυγόνου,μην υπολογίζοντας την παραπάνω ώρα αναμονής".


Κοντά στην κορυφή

Το παράθυρο καιρού 18-19/5 δεν ήταν ιδανικό ,καθώς επικρατούσαν ισχυροί άνεμοι και πολύ χαμηλές θερμοκρασίες.

"Χθες βράδυ(19/5) ο καιρός ήταν πολύ δύσκολος.Υπήρξαν πολλές(κατακτήσεις) κορυφές αλλά και πολλές ομάδες γύρισαν πίσω."είπε ο

δημοσιογράφος και ορειβάτης Alan Arnette."Εκτιμώ ότι υπήρξαν 300 κατακτήσεις μόνο αυτή την εβδομάδα"



- Shriya Shah, Canadian Non-Resident Nepali (πέθανε στην κάθοδο )

- Dr Ebehard Schaaf h, a climber from Germany (επίσης)

- Song Won-bin, South Korean mountaineer (πέθανε στο Μπαλκόνι από οίδημα και πτώση)



- Ha Wenyi, a Chinese climber & his Nepali Sherpa



- 7 deaths have been confirmed this climbing season and two are still missing:

“40 year-old Karsang Namgyal Sherpa climbing with Prestige Adventures related to alcohol at base camp; Peak Freaks’ Namgyal Tshering Sherpa fell from a ladder into a crevasse near C1; Dawa Tenzing with Himex from stroke and died in Kathmandu; 33 year-old Indian, Ramesh Gulve, climbing with the Pune team suffered a stroke around Camp2 and died back in India. Dr Ebehard Schaaf with Asian Trekking of HACE near South Summit, Shriya Shah, a Canadian Non-Resident Nepali, Song Won Bin from South Korea died at the Balcony from AMS and then a fall. Chinese climber, Ha Wenyi. A Nepali Sherpa guide has been missing since May 19.” -
, Everest summiteer & climbing journalist


Climber body on Mt Everest


-234 άνθρωποι πέθαναν μεταξύ 1922-σήμερα

-Περίπου 200 πτώματα βρίσκονται στο Έβερεστ


- 1996 = 15 deaths

- 2006 = 11 deaths

- 1982 = 11 deaths

- 1988 = 10 deaths

- 1997 = 9 deaths

- 1922 = 7 deaths (there are many years with 8 deaths but 1922 was the 1st climbing season ever on Everest)


Πολλά από τα 200 άτομα βρίσκονται στο δρόμο για κορυφή.Και χρησιμοποιούνται ως σημάδια για προσανατολισμό των ορειβατών

για τη θέση τους.


-Μία στις 10 επιτυχείς κατακτήσεις κορυφής καταλήγει σε θάνατο στο Εβερεστ

-Οι πιο πολλοί θάνατοι συμβαίνουν στην κάθοδο

-10/05/96 η πιο θανατηφόρα μέρα,οπότε πέθαναν και 8 άτομα

-δεν υπάρχει όριο στο πόσοι ορειβάτες μπορεί να προσπαθήσουν σε μία σεζόν

Το μήνυμα που υπάρχει είναι ότι η ορειβασία πάνω από τα 8.000μ είναι πολύ σοβαρό.Υπάρχουν πολλοί παράγοντες που είναι εκτός του ελέγχου σας.Προσθέστε

και ενα σωρό ορειβατών που προσπαθούν για την κορυφή την ίδια στιγμή και οι κίνδυνοι πολλαπλασιάζονται.


πηγη unofficialnetworks

  • Like 1

"I would never have imagined that a girl from little ol’ Midland, Ont. would be where I am today.So always dream big…you can make it happen!"(Sarah Burke)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

VIDEO: Would You Walk Past a Dying Man on Mt EVEREST Without Offering Help?

By Miles Clark · May 22, 2012 · 11 Comments

“You do encounter dead people…and they can’t be moved or removed because of the nature of the terrain.”

“It was horrible. It was the worst thing I’ve seen in my life.”

“The minute that you die, you stop being flesh and blood and you become part of the mountain. You adhere to the frozen rock.”

Yes. People often pass other dying people on Everest without offering them assistance. The idea is that the dying person is too forgone to help. So, they pass on and continue their summit attempt without offering any form of assistance to the dying person whatsoever.


David Sharp 1972-2006

This video tells the controversial story of David Sharp. David was a British mountaineer who became decapacitated on his way down from the summit of Mt Everest on May 15th, 2006.

David was found frozen, still attached to the fixed line, unresponsive, frostbitten, but still alive. He was passed by over 30 climbers on the morning of May 15th, 2006. None of the 30+ climbers stopped to help David on their way up the mountain. 9 hours later, on their way down, several climbers stopped to attempt to revive him. Sherpa Dawa spent over an hour attempting to get David onto his feet. It was too late for David. He was left where we lay and the climbers continued down to life leaving David there with death.

“…Dawa from Arun Treks also gave oxygen to David and tried to help him move, repeatedly, for perhaps an hour.
But he could not get David to stand alone or even stand resting on his shoulders, and crying, Dawa had to leave him too. Even with two Sherpas it was not going to be possible to get David down the tricky sections below…” - Jamie McGuinness, Everest guide


David Sharp

Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to summit Mt Everest, was disgusted by the David Sharp incident:

“I think the whole attitude towards climbing Mount Everest has become rather
The people just want to get to the top. It was wrong if there was a man suffering altitude problems and was huddled under a rock, just to lift your hat, say good morning and pass on by.” – Edmund Hillary

“They don’t give a
for anybody else who may be in distress and it doesn’t impress me at all that they leave someone lying under a rock to die
.”- Edmund Hillary

“I think that their priority was to get to the top and the welfare of one of the… of a member of an expedition was very secondary.”- Edmund Hillary



- Was climbing solo

- He had no sherpa nor guide nor radio nor rescue potential

- Attempted to climb Everest 3 times

- Summited Cho Oyu (6th tallest peak on Earth at 26,906)

- Mathematics teacher from England

- Learn more about David Sharp: David Sharp

I’ll ask you again:





Yesterday, I wrote about the unfortunate 5 recent deaths on Mt. Everest. I used photos of some of the more famous dead bodies on Everest to graphically illustrate a point. That point being: Everest is and extremely serious challenge with extremely serious consequences that many people have paid and still remain on the mountain in physical form to tell their story.

The cover image of that post was the famous body of “Green Boots” and it caught many peoples attention. Green Boots perished on the most deadly year on Mt Everest: 1996. He is still there.

I understand that yesterday’s post opened many peoples eyes to the realities of climbing Mt Everest. There are people on Mt Everest living and dying right now. May, is Mt Everest climbing season.



εν ολίγοις,οι ορειβάτες που προσπαθούν για την κορυφή αφήνουν μισοπεθαμένους ανθρώπους αβοήθητους στην άνοδο -ένας από αυτούς

ο Σαρπ προσπεράστηκε από 30+ορειβάτες στις 15/5/2006 μέχρι κάποιος να τον βοηθήσει ανεπιτυχώς-αν και παγωμένος,ζούσε στα όρια του-

τελικά κατέληξε...

ο Χίλλαρυ δήλωσε αηδιασμένος από τη στάση των ορειβατών...

Edited by madskier
  • Like 1

"I would never have imagined that a girl from little ol’ Midland, Ont. would be where I am today.So always dream big…you can make it happen!"(Sarah Burke)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ένα τεράστιο, αλλά πάρα πολύ ενδιαφέρον άρθρο για το τι συμβαίνει στο Everest.








In the 16 years since Into Thin Air, Mount Everest has become safer in many ways, with better storm forecasting and amazing high-altitude rescue helicopters. So why did 10 people die in 2012?




Hundreds of climbers, guides, and Sherpas trudge toward Camp IV on May 18. Photo: Rob Sobecki




Lakpa Rita, the top sherpa for Seattle-based Alpine Ascents, was the first to see it. Just visible in the glow of his frost-covered headlamp, a body dangled from a fixed line. This was the second corpse his team had met on their overnight summit bid.

It was 4:30 a.m. on May 20, just beyond Everest’s South Summit, the dramatic rise and dip at 28,700 feet where climbers swap in fresh oxygen cylinders for the final push to the top. The frozen body hung from a line strung along the knife-edge ridge that leads to the Hillary Step, a 40-foot cliff 100 feet below the summit. Lakpa Rita, 47, and Garrett Madison, 33, the company’s head guide, paused to consider the unfortunate soul for a moment. The wind whipped by at nearly gale force. The sun, still below the horizon, barely brightened the fierce lenticular cloud that wrapped the upper mountain.

In tight formation with Madison and Lakpa Rita were six clients from the U.S., Britain, and Australia, a third guide, 46-year-old Jose Luis Peralvo of Ecuador, and six veteran climbing Sherpas. Later they would learn that the dead man was a German doctor named Eberhard Schaaf, who’d arrived at the summit the previous afternoon. Schaaf, 61, was guided by two Sherpas from a Nepal-based outfitter called Asian Trekking, and he likely succumbed to cerebral edema during his descent. The Sherpas had stayed with him for hours before one and then the other left to save themselves.

Madison’s group had avoided the crowds by going up on the night of the 19th, in worsening weather. For them, Schaaf presented a different kind of problem: he was blocking the way. “Lakpa went up and cut him off the fixed line,” Madison recalls. Schaaf’s body tumbled 15 feet down Everest’s southwest face, stopping among some rocks.

All night, the Alpine Ascents group had met with the carnage of the previous day, when four climbers died along the 29,035-foot mountain’s most popular route—the Southeast Ridge, which ascends the Nepalese side from the foot of the Khumbu Glacier. In addition to Schaaf, they were Nepali-Canadian Shriya Shah, 33, Korean Song Won-bin, 44, and Chinese Ha Wenyi, 55. There were other fatalities as well—two on the mountain’s north side and four earlier in the season—along with serious injuries that resulted in roughly two dozen helicopter evacuations. In all, 10 people perished on Everest in April and May of 2012, making it the third deadliest spring season on record, behind 1996’s total of 12 and 2006’s total of 11.

The Alpine Ascents team encountered all four of the doomed May 19 climbers on its way up, either dead (Schaaf and Shah), too far gone to rescue (Song), or not yet in distress (Ha). Had Madison and Lakpa Rita believed they could help Song, they would have been duty-bound to try. “Since there was nothing we could do,” client Rob Sobecki later blogged, “we carried on climbing upwards.”

In the days that followed, the international media would seize upon these deaths as the latest proof of a now familiar claim: that the climbing scene on Everest is out of control. Flocks of ill-prepared novices were crowding into Base Camp, paying outfitters between 23,098.24€ and 92,392.98€for what, to a lot of sane people, looked like assisted suicide.

Comparisons between this single-day tragedy and the one that claimed the lives of five clients and three guides in 1996—and led to Outside’s publication of Jon Krakauer’s “Into Thin Air”—were on the lips of commentators from CNN to NPR. Even in the climbing community, which is still deeply divided by the differing accounts of the 1996 episode, people began to ask: Has anything changed?

I was embedded on Everest with a team of climbers, the four Americans of the Eddie Bauer First Ascent West Ridge expedition: David Morton, Jake Norton, Charley Mace, and Brent Bishop. Unlike Krakauer in ’96, I wasn’t trying to climb the mountain, which left me free to roam Base Camp reporting on the season’s events.

What I saw was a situation that resembled ’96 in some respects but in most ways did not. As happened back then, some of the 2012 teams lost precious time waiting in long lines in the Death Zone, above 26,000 feet, and summited too late in the day. But 2012’s victims weren’t caught by a freak, fast-moving storm. Their deaths were the result of exhaustion, climbing too slowly, ignoring serious altitude sickness, and refusing to turn around—which is to say, the steady toll of human error. Nobody was killed by the mountain’s roulette wheel of hazards such as rockfall, avalanches, and blizzards.

This matters because it points to a new status quo on Everest: the routinization of high-altitude death. By and large, the people running the show these days on the south side of Everest—the professional guides, climbing Sherpas, and Nepali officials who control permits—do an excellent job of getting climbers to the top and down again. Indeed, a week after this year’s blowup, another hundred people summited on a single bluebird day, without a single death or serious injury.

But that doesn’t mean Everest is being run rationally. There are no prerequisites for how much experience would-be climbers must have and no rules to say who can be an outfitter. Many of the best alpinists in the world still show up in Base Camp every spring. But, increasingly, so do untrained, unfit people who’ve decided to try their hand at climbing and believe that Everest is the most exciting place to start. And while some of the more established outfitters might turn them away, novices are actively courted by cut-rate start-up companies that aren’t about to refuse the cash.

It’s a recipe that doesn’t require a storm to kill people. In this regard, things are much different now than in the past: they’re worse.

IT WAS BRIGHT, CLEAR, and hot when I hiked out of the tiny high-altitude outpost of Gorak Shep on April 18. I got my first distant look at the speckled tents of Everest Base Camp, which sits at 17,600 feet, from the lateral moraine of the Khumbu Glacier, just above the village.

Having worked at Outside for a decade, I’d placed the famous tent city on countless maps, right at the elbow where the Khumbu Icefall meets the valley floor and sweeps 90 degrees left. As I could see now, that bend is really where the camp begins. Roughly 1,000 tents, housing more than 900 climbers, stretch more than a mile and take almost an hour to traverse. Since 1996, the camp has roughly tripled in size.

The place was especially busy this year. In addition to the Eddie Bauer team, there was also a big squad from the North Face and National Geographic whose climbers, including Conrad Anker, Cory Richards, Hilaree O’Neill, and others, were planning to split up and try both the West Ridge and the classic Southeast Ridge routes. (Eddie Bauer and the North Face were there in honor of next year’s 50th anniversary of the first American ascent of Everest, which saw successful climbs on both routes in 1963.) Additionally, Swiss alpinist Ueli Steck was planning to summit solo without oxygen, Seattle climber Chad Kellogg was hoping to break the speed record without oxygen, and Briton Kenton Cool hoped to carry Arthur Wakefield’s 1924 Olympic gold medal for alpinism to the summit.

There were great expectations for this season, but as I arrived things were already going badly. The previous day, Karsang Nagel, a 40-year-old Sherpa working for a local start-up outfitter called Prestige Adventure, had suddenly died in camp—of mysterious causes. The following day, April 21, a Sherpa working for British Columbia-basedPeak Freak Expeditions, 30-year-old Namgya Tshering, fell to his death after he neglected to clip a safety line while crossing a ladder over a crevasse.

Normally, during April, each team’s Sherpas spend their time carrying loads of equipment and provisions through the Khumbu Icefall, the precarious tumble of frozen blocks between Base Camp and 19,800-foot Camp I. Meanwhile, the guides and clients begin conditioning their bodies by spending short amounts of time sleeping at successively higher camps and returning to Base Camp to rest. The Icefall is always dangerous, but this year many climbers were especially worried because the route, set by a group of Sherpas known as the Icefall Doctors, needed to pass directly beneath a horseshoe-shaped hanging glacier that was prone to calving at all hours of the day.

By May 1, a team of mostly Sherpa volunteers from several of the stronger teams—including Alpine Ascents, Ashford, Washington-basedInternational Mountain Guides, and Russell Brice’s Chamonix-based Himalayan Experience, or Himex—had established a roped route up to Camp III, at 23,500 feet. Since modern Everest guiding began on the south side in the early '90s, when Nepal started issuing permits to as many teams as could afford them, all the climbers on the mountain have generally cooperated, using the same route. This year a bad snowpack and dry weather were making cooperation difficult.

The mountain was down to bare cobbles, and many of them were melting out and raining down on the climbers. On May 1, 31-year-old Lhakpa Nuru Sherpa, who was working for Lakebay, Washington-based Summit Climb, was struck in the face by a rock and nearly killed. The next day, the various expedition leaders and sirdars (an expedition’s head Sherpa) held an impromptu meeting to discuss the dangerous rockfall.

The gathering was hosted by Benegas Brothers Expeditions, the camp run by Argentine twins Willie and Damian Benegas, two experienced alpinists. On that snowy afternoon, the procession walking down the trail included many of the greats associated with Himalayan climbing and guiding: Russell Brice, Ralf Dujmovits, Dave Hahn, Simone Moro, and David Breashears, among others.

Citing continued rockfall, Brice, 60, said that if conditions didn’t improve, Himex would pull out. Until a 2008 dustup with the Chinese government, Brice had operated only on the north side of Everest, where he gained notoriety for outfitting Discovery’s reality show Everest: Beyond the Limit. It was during the show’s 2006 filming that British climber David Sharp, another Asian Trekking client, was passed by 40 other climbers, including Discovery’s cameramen, as he lay dying. Since 2009, Brice has maintained one of the largest Base Camp operations on the south side.

Still, as other expedition leaders point out, Brice has been on the south side for only a few years. “He’s prone to being dramatic,” one veteran who was at the meeting told me later. The remaining guides, on the advice of Damian Benegas, decided to move the route between Camp II and Camp III into the shelter of some crevasses to the south, to help absorb the rockfall.

On May 5, Brice decided to pull the plug after one of his Sherpas, Dawa Tshing, died of a stroke. “We can no longer take the responsibility of sending you, the guides, and the Sherpas through the dangerous icefall and up the rockfall-ridden Lhotse Face,” he told his staff.

Most other outfitters, by staying, signaled that they thought Brice was overreacting, though nobody aside from a few disappointed Himex clients has actually criticized him. Still, his departure had consequences. Himex’s Sherpas were supposed to fix at least one-third of the route on the upper mountain, with International Mountain Guides and Alpine Ascents fixing the other sections. With Himex gone, some of the smaller teams would have to pitch in and provide volunteer Sherpas to carry gear. But that’s not what happened during the summit-fixing planned for May 11–12.

“Many of the teams that had committed to bringing ropes to the South Col did not follow through,” says Garrett Madison. “There was talk of the weather being bad, but I think the real reason was that there just wasn’t enough gear up there.”

The failure to fix the route by May 12 should have been a small setback; there were, after all, 18 more days before the typical June 1 arrival of the monsoon that signals the end of spring climbing. As it happened, the lost time was compounded by the unintended negative consequences of a technological advance: accurate weather forecasting.

"THE BEST THING THAT ever happened to them and the worst thing that ever happened to me are the weather reports,” says Todd Burleson, 52, who owns Alpine Ascents and lives outside of Talkeetna, Alaska. Burleson, who no longer guides at Everest, is referring to budget operators on the mountain who know exactly when the best weather will occur and all tend to rush the summit at the same time.

Summit-day crowding happens for an obvious reason: forecasts are exponentially better now than in ’96. “When I was guiding Everest in the early '90s, there were no weather reports except ‘rainy in the Himalayas,’” says Burleson, who led clients up the mountain’s South Col route in ’92 and ’96. In ’96, as Krakauer recounted, expedition leader Rob Hall held a Base Camp meeting with other guides, “hoping to avoid dangerous gridlock on the summit ridge.” (Hall, who owned Adventure Consultants and guided Krakauer, died that spring along with his friend and competing outfitter Scott Fischer, owner of Mountain Madness.) He chose his May 10 summit date without any knowledge about upcoming winds, temperatures, or blizzards. As Krakauer wrote, Hall simply reasoned that “of the four times I’ve summited, twice it was on the tenth of May.”

The situation is radically different now. Each day that First Ascent climber David Morton wasn’t “upstairs” on the mountain, he would trek 10 minutes out to a rocky mound where he could get a 3G signal, then download the latest reports from the Swiss company Meteotest. Soon he and several other climbers would gather in our mess tent to strategize about rest days and load carrying, so they would be ready for a summit push right when the weather cleared. Even with the obvious traffic problems this pattern can cause, Nepali climbing officials have shown no sign of intervening. How could they? It would be impossible to force some teams to launch during less-than-ideal conditions.

A prominent figure in Everest forecasting is Michael Fagin, a self-taught meteorologist in Redmond, Washington. Fagin launched Washington Online Weather in 1996 and offered his first Everest forecasts in 2003. (Fagin and Meteotest are the two main forecasters on Everest.) “There are a lot of eyes in the sky,” says Fagin, 62. “Real-time data, satellites that can estimate cloud cover, temperature, wind, and humidity in the upper atmosphere.... The reports are a lot better now.”

At the time he started offering his forecasts, Fagin, who’s never been to Nepal, needed to prove himself. He sent free reports to several expeditions in 2003 that were scarily accurate at predicting mountain wind speeds. He also pulled the weather maps for May 1996 and did a little Monday-morning quarterbacking.

“The climbers said the storm came out of nowhere,” says Fagin. “But if there had been numerical forecasting models then, I don’t think they would have gone up, because there was a really obvious strong storm coming in.”

That’s the upside of better forecasting. The downside comes when the masses react to the info and clog the route. This year there were hundreds of permitted climbers and only two clear summit windows on the south side. Though Fagin sold his information to just seven expeditions, there’s so much blogging in Base Camp now that the windows are practically announced via carnival barker.

Word also travels on the Sherpa grapevine. Most days, our kitchen tent was visited by Sherpas from other camps, many of them relatives of our sirdar, Mingma Ongel. I spent many afternoons absorbing the best news and gossip in camp without even going outside.


When Brice pulled out, the scuttlebutt was that his Sherpas were spooked by the death of Dawa Tshing—the husband of Mingma Ongel’s niece. With the May 11–12 opportunity lost, the fixing would need to happen just ahead of the teams. By May 14, both Fagin and Meteotest were calling for relatively calm winds from May 17 through 19. Online news reports, including one that I wrote from Base Camp, estimated that some 200 people might try to summit on the 19th. Madison and the Alpine Ascents Sherpas decided it would be safer to brave the worsening weather on the 20th than to fight the crowds.

Burleson recalls talking to Fagin from Alaska just before the largest group went up. “I said, ‘Do you know how much power you have? When you tell them to go, 200 people are going to risk their lives.’ If he had been off by one day and they had climbed on our summit day—May 20—there would have been 20 deaths. We would have been walking over them left and right. Someday that’s going to happen.”

THE FIRST BODY MADISON'S group encountered, around 11 p.m. on May 19, was that of Shriya Shah, who’d been outfitted by Utmost Adventure Trekking. Shah’s red-and-white down suit was blanketed by a Canadian flag. She was lying at 27,000 feet, near the top of the Triangular Face, which sits 500 feet from the Southeast Ridge and a promontory called the Balcony.

Shah, like the rest of the clients who died that day, had opted to forgo a Western guide in favor of what some outfitters call a Sherpa-guided trip and others, including Burleson, call non-guided. Routinely, I heard the problem reduced to a scourge of local budget outfitters, though Nepali operators aren’t the only ones who offer cheap trips. Nor are they the only ones who have problems.

It’s hard to say which outfitters are truly dangerous and which were just unlucky. There are roughly a dozen companies that fall into the category of Kathmandu-based budget outfitters, including Thamserku Trekking, Asian Trekking, Prestige Adventure, Monterosa Treks and Expedition, Mountain Experience, and Utmost. In 2012, Thamserku was the only one of these to avoid having a client or Sherpa die. Himex and Peak Freak—which aren’t budget operations— lost Sherpas as well.


As some of the company names suggest, several began as trekking outfits. But in the first decade of this century, as they saw American outfitters having success using Sherpas as guides—a cost-saving measure, since Sherpas don’t have to buy permits to climb or guide—they wanted a piece of the action. Rather than simply provide logistics for professional Everest expeditions, as Asian Trekking has been doing since 1982, they began selling guided trips. Of the hundreds of Sherpas on Everest, a handful really are qualified to guide, while others are just strong climbers. But potential clients can rarely tell who’s who.

According to Burleson, if Westerners are even aware that Sherpa refers to an ethnic group and not just a job title, they tend to believe that one is as good as another. “We treat the word Sherpa like it’s one individual,” he says.

The Sherpas know this and resent it. “For me, it’s enraging when we are all painted with the same brush,” says Dawa Steven Sherpa, 28, who runs Asian Trekking, the company that had been hired by Schaaf. “The problem right now is that anyone can set up a company on a laptop. And if they get clients, they can borrow their cousin’s tent, find a cook, and grab a ragtag bunch of guys and set up an expedition. It’s so dangerous.”

On May 19 and 20, Madison witnessed the results of this broken system. The Alpine Ascents group next came upon several Sherpas from Mountain Experience lowering a Chinese woman, Li Xiadoan, 40, who couldn’t stand up. “They said they had it under control,” recalls Madison. “They were taking her back to camp, though it didn’t seem like she could walk under her own power.”

Ultimately, the woman survived thanks to the efforts of the Sherpas and a daring helicopter rescue on the 20th, at a record 21,680 feet. But another Chinese climber, Ha Wenyi, did not. When Madison saw Ha shambling downhill, he was concerned enough to check his oxygen bottle. “He was by himself,” says Madison. “He took a break, drank some tea. He seemed to be doing OK. He was moving just fine toward the South Col, but unfortunately he didn’t make it a whole lot farther.” Ha was later discovered near Shah, his head pointing downhill, suggesting that he’d fallen or collapsed suddenly.


Just below the Balcony, the team encountered Song Won-bin, who had been climbing with the Chungnam High School Alumni expedition. Madison says Song was “unconscious but moving somewhat. We tried to rouse him, to wake him, but got no response. Nothing. He had no oxygen mask, no backpack, nothing.” A number of later reports, though somewhat sketchy, more or less agree that Song had become disoriented and combative before a teammate and one or more Sherpas he was climbing with left him.

“If we had known he was in distress, we could have tried to bring up an extra oxygen mask,” says Madison. “But I don’t know if he threw his pack and oxygen mask away or if he even had them at all that day or they’d fallen off. At that point, I thought he was pretty close to death.”

Madison tried several radio frequencies to report what he was seeing but got no response. The Alpine Ascents party continued past Song into the gale and up the ridge toward their meeting with Schaaf. The last of the previous day’s climbers—anonymous and silent behind their oxygen masks and goggles—had descended past them.


Before Madison and his crew left the South Col for their summit bid at 8:45 p.m. on May 19, radio chatter had been surprisingly light, save for the channel used by International Mountain Guides, whose sweep man, 34-year-old Justin Merle, was shepherding clients back into high camp after 24 hours on the mountain, which was dangerously long. When, at one point, Merle’s Base Camp manager radioed for a status report, the response was deadpan: “Well, we’re all still alive.” One climber had a frostbitten foot, but everybody made it.

IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE, but there are no formal fitness or experience requirements for Everest clients. As a practical matter, good outfitters want people to have climbed other difficult peaks above 20,000 feet, usually with the guide who will take them up Everest. Even so, the mountain often plays host to greenhorns, a situation that would be inconceivable in other extreme outdoor pursuits.


In 1996, Sandy Hill, a client on the Mountain Madness team, was widely ridiculed as a New York socialite who had no business on Everest. By today’s standards, Hill’s résumé, which included ascents of Denali and Antarctica’s Vinson Massif, among other tough peaks, would be considered very strong. In 2012, there was no more compelling example of a flat-out beginner than Shah. Eric Simonson, who co-owns International Mountain Guides, calls Shah the poster child for high-altitude unreadiness.

Shah, who lived in Toronto, is survived by her husband, 44-year-old Bruce Klorfine. Klorfine says he met her in 2001 while the two were working on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Shah was living in Mumbai at the time but immigrated to Canada, where the couple married in 2002. She started a business importing products from India in 2011.

Over the winter of 2011–12, she decided to climb Everest. It sounded like a bad idea to Klorfine, but he knew his wife had made up her mind. “She had it in her head for a long time,” he says. “She just called it her dream. It wasn’t like, ‘I want to be a mountaineer.’ It was that mountain. Somehow, she got in touch with these people over in Nepal, and they made her believe she could do it.” At the time, Klorfine says, Shah had never climbed any mountain at all.

According to Klorfine, Utmost’s Base Camp manager, Rishi Raj Kandel, told Shah to work on her fitness, which she did by hiking up stairs with a heavy pack and practicing a martial-arts routine. Utmost’s owner, Ganesh Thakuri, declined to be interviewed for this story, but another outfitter, Saujan Pradhan, a spokesman for Thamserku Trekking, explained to me the fairly widespread practice among budget outfitters of encouraging previous climbing experience but not requiring it. Among the things Thamserku recommends to clients are “enthusiasm” and “the potential to walk.”


Shah didn’t appear to know what she was signing up for. She thought she was going on a fully guided expedition, for which she paid 54,973.82€according to an invoice from Utmost. By comparison, each of Burleson’s guided Alpine Ascents clients paid roughly 50,046.2€ while Simonson’s Sherpa-guided clients paid 30,797.66€ And there are clear indications that Shah was fleeced.

For example, Shah was billed 19,248.54€ for her climbing permit. That’s the rate Nepal’s tourism ministry charges if you buy your permit alone, which is why nobody does it this way. Instead, climbers from different expeditions usually chip in for a group permit that costs each of them just 7,699.41€ And this is what Thakuri did, adding Shah to a permit organized by a local trekking outfitter called Happy Feet Mountaineers. Ngima Dendi Sherpa, who owns Happy Feet, confirmed that he’d charged Utmost 8,469.36€ for Shah.

When I met with Utmost’s Kandel, in Base Camp on May 21, two of Shah’s three Sherpas, Dawa Dendi, 31, and Temba Sherpa, 31, were just returning to camp. They’d all set out for the summit at 8:30 p.m. on May 18, and almost immediately Shah began to lag. They climbed through the night and into the next afternoon. At roughly 2 p.m. on May 19, two other climbers, a Sherpa guide named Dendi, and his 16-year-old daughter, Nima, descended past Shah, still climbing, near the South Summit. They urged her to turn back, as did her Sherpas, Temba and Dawa Dendi. Shah, who was fluent in Nepali, had stopped speaking but gestured that she had no intention of turning around. An Utmost Sherpa named Onchhu told me, that, earlier, Temba and Dawa Dendi had tried to stop her and she’d said, “No, I have to go. I have to go.”

Shah made the top sometime after 2:30 p.m. In her summit photos, she’s wearing a Poisk oxygen mask, a Soviet model that few people still use. By 9:30, she and the Sherpas had descended to the Balcony, where she ran out of oxygen and deteriorated quickly. Temba and Dawa Dendi say they attempted to lower her but gave up after she lost consciousness.


Klorfine recognizes his wife’s “stubbornness and determination” but still has questions. “She really wasn’t listening to people who were trying to get her to come back,” he says. “The problem I have is, I’m not hearing the extent of the effort to get her to come back. And, more importantly, who’s supposed to be in charge of that?”

Todd Burleson was less reserved in his criticism. “You think that was guiding? These are logistical trips where they’re taking people with no prerequisites, as long as they can write a check. It’s like joining a cruise.”

AROUND 4:30 A.M. ON the 20th, Madison and his team filed off the South Summit and moved across the fixed line toward the Hillary Step, their last major obstacle. Jim Matter, a doctor from Minnesota, was suffering from numb fingers and could barely operate his mechanical ascender device. Lakpa Rita and Madison decided it would be best if Matter and his Sherpas went down, which they did.


Just after six, the rest of the Alpine Ascents group summited, lingering for a few minutes to snap photos. Neither Lakpa Rita nor any of the veteran Sherpas had ever summited in such harsh conditions, so they moved quickly to get down. When they passed Song, he was likely still alive but had stopped moving. By 10:30 a.m., the entire team was back at the South Col, where a massive, mountain-wide head count was already under way.


In Base Camp, the Benegas brothers were running from camp to camp, trying to figure out which teams might be missing a climber. At one point, Damian noticed that I was carrying two radios, a giveaway that I was scanning the traffic for news leads, and asked me to hold off on writing anything, which I readily agreed to do. It’s a generally accepted rule that you don’t report on deaths until family members have been notified—even though, with so many clients, guides, and Sherpas taking advantage of cell service, it’s rare now that news doesn’t hit Facebook or blogs within minutes of any event.

When it finally emerged that the four dead on the south side and the two dead on the north side had all been climbing with Nepal-based guides or trekking operators, neither Burleson nor Simonson nor Brice, the three most established Western outfitters, were surprised. Madison flatly told me that every person who died that day was part of a “substandard” team.

There are two issues at play in all this: The first is the proliferation of upstart outfitters. The second, touchier point—given Everest’s location—is a widely held belief that Sherpas aren’t capable of guiding Westerners on their own. I heard this voiced again and again.

“I have only one Sherpa who I let guide on Everest, and that’s Lakpa Rita,” Burleson says. “He’s been in America 15 years. He’s trained. He has the ability to say, ‘Sons of bitches, get out of bed—we’re going now or we’re going down.’ These other guys, they are such great climbing Sherpas and amazing people. But I can only imagine that, with the Canadian woman, it was, ‘Yes, ma’am. OK, ma’am. We’ll go at 2:30 in the afternoon.’ They walked until she died. That has been the case forever. It’s a cultural issue.”

One person who understands both cultures is Dawa Steven, whose father, Ang Tshering, started Asian Trekking by providing logistics on Everest in 1982. (Dawa Steven’s father is Sherpa, his mother is Belgian, and he was educated in Scotland.) “It’s definitely a problem in the Sherpa culture,” he says. “Sherpas are not assertive people, so that’s something that needs to be trained.” But he chafes at the idea that Sherpas, a few of whom have graduated from top international guide schools, can’t convince a Westerner to turn around. “That becomes slightly discriminatory,” he says. “Sometimes there is no difference between a Sherpa and a Western guide. They’ve both got certification.”


In the case of his client Eberhard Schaaf, Dawa Steven points out that the first sign that Schaaf may have been suffering from cerebral edema—combativeness—came at the Hillary Step, where Sherpas Pemba Tshering and Pasang Temba suggested that he turn back.

“Eberhard started shouting something like, ‘I paid so much money and now you want me to turn around just below the summit?’” Dawa Steven recalls, noting that Schaaf was normally agreeable.

But getting high-dollar clients to turn around isn’t just a Sherpa problem: accounts of the 1996 disaster make it clear that the same issue cropped up then. Anatoli Boukreev, the head guide for the Mountain Madness expedition, recalled in his book The Climb that he was reluctant to send clients packing, because they “had paid big money and had given Scott [Fischer] that authority.” Krakauer heard the same point from another of Fischer’s guides, Neal Beidleman. “It was supposed to be Scott’s job to turn clients around,” Beidleman said. “I told him that as the third guide, I didn’t feel comfortable telling clients who’d paid 50,046.2€ that they had to go down.”


Unlike Alpine Ascents, International Mountain Guides does routinely employ Sherpa guides and, in fact, pioneered Sherpa-guided trips on Everest in the early 2000s. Burleson cites Simonson’s success at offering a 30,797.66€ Sherpa-guided package as one of the things that drew local trekking outfitters into the game.

But, like Burleson, Simonson also employs top Western guides and has long-established relationships with the most experienced Sherpas, many of whom have more than a dozen Everest summits to their credit. “One of the things we strive to do,” says Simonson, “is empower the Sherpas to make decisions without having to be deferential.”

The problem comes when you try to describe each trip to prospective clients. Depending on the outfitter, terms like guided, non-guided, Sherpa-guided, hybrid, and logistics-only can mean different levels of service from people with wildly divergent levels of skill.

Dawa Steven thinks it’s time for the government of Nepal to step in and regulate Everest, but Simonson and Burleson are both wary of more oversight from bureaucrats in a country that’s on the verge of becoming a failed state. With millions pouring into the local economy annually from Everest climbers, it’s unlikely that the government will do anything to change the status quo.

ON MAY 26, THE second summit window of the season materialized, exactly as Fagin and Meteotest predicted. The Eddie Bauer team I was living with, having given up on the West Ridge, was striking camp, distributing porter loads, and preparing to walk the 35 miles back to the airstrip in Lukla. Their sister expedition, another Eddie Bauer-sponsored affair, made up of Leif Whittaker, Rainier Mountaineering guides Dave Hahn and Melissa Arnot, and cameraman Kent Harvey—had just summited in near windless conditions. Conrad Anker, whose North Face team had also abandoned its West Ridge attempt, had joined them on the summit, climbing without supplemental oxygen.


Then an odd thing happened. An officer from the Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee had just arrived at our camp to verify that we hadn’t left any trash on the mountain. His radio was tuned to Asian Trekking’s channel, where a disturbing scene was playing out between Dawa Steven, in Base Camp, and an Indian woman, who was a client of his, at the South Col. Her Sherpas had told her she wasn’t strong enough to go up, but she refused to descend.


“Think about other people,” we could hear him say. “You’re putting other people at risk.” She was worried about losing face, disappointing her sponsors, and quitting so close to the top. “Four people died on the mountain last week, and they were all fitter than you,” he said. “If you go up, you’re not going to come back.”

The standoff went on for more than an hour. The climber’s brother was patched through from India. With a handset still tuned in, we shouldered our packs and began walking toward the buffet table and laundered sheets awaiting us at the Yak and Yeti hotel in Kathmandu. Dawa Steven stopped cajoling and told the woman that the Sherpas would drag her down if they had to. Eventually, she relented.




  • Like 1


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Νεκροί 9 ορειβάτες στο Νεπάλ




Τουλάχιστον εννιά ορειβάτες σκοτώθηκαν, ανάμεσά τους και Ευρωπαίοι, από χιονοστιβάδα στην κορυφή Μανασλού του Νεπάλ, ανακοίνωσε η αστυνομία της χώρας.

Ομάδα ορειβατών από τη Γαλλία, την Γερμανία και την Ιταλία είχε σχεδόν φτάσει ως την κορυφή, ύψους 8.156 μέτρων, όταν παρασύρθηκε από τη χιονοστιβάδα, διευκρίνισε η αστυνομία.

"Εννιά πτώματα ανασύρθηκαν και τα δύο αναγνωρίστηκαν, πρόκειται για έναν σέρπα (οδηγό) και έναν γερμανό ορειβάτη", επισήμανε εκπρόσωπος της αστυνομίας.

Ο ίδιος πρόσθεσε πως μέχρι τώρα έχουν διασωθεί 13 από τους 25 ορειβάτες που αποτελούσαν την ομάδα και έχουν μεταφερθεί σε νοσοκομείο του Κατμαντού.

Το Μανασλού είναι το όδγοο υψηλότερο βουνό στον κόσμο και θεωρείται ένα από τα πιο επικίνδυνα.

Πηγη: Ethnos.gr



Edited by snowholic

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Νεκροί 9 ορειβάτες στο Νεπάλ




Τουλάχιστον εννιά ορειβάτες σκοτώθηκαν, ανάμεσά τους και Ευρωπαίοι, από χιονοστιβάδα στην κορυφή Μανασλού του Νεπάλ, ανακοίνωσε η αστυνομία της χώρας.

Ομάδα ορειβατών από τη Γαλλία, την Γερμανία και την Ιταλία είχε σχεδόν φτάσει ως την κορυφή, ύψους 8.156 μέτρων, όταν παρασύρθηκε από τη χιονοστιβάδα, διευκρίνισε η αστυνομία.

"Εννιά πτώματα ανασύρθηκαν και τα δύο αναγνωρίστηκαν, πρόκειται για έναν σέρπα (οδηγό) και έναν γερμανό ορειβάτη", επισήμανε εκπρόσωπος της αστυνομίας.

Ο ίδιος πρόσθεσε πως μέχρι τώρα έχουν διασωθεί 13 από τους 25 ορειβάτες που αποτελούσαν την ομάδα και έχουν μεταφερθεί σε νοσοκομείο του Κατμαντού.

Το Μανασλού είναι το όδγοο υψηλότερο βουνό στον κόσμο και θεωρείται ένα από τα πιο επικίνδυνα.

Πηγη: Ethnos.gr




Πρέπει να αναφέρεται στο ίδιο περιστατικό. Ένας από τους διασωθέντες ήταν ο γνωστός Glen Plake.


A massive avalanche struck Manaslu, the world’s eighth-highest mountain, in Nepal shortly before 5 a.m. this morning, sweeping through teams of climbers and skiers camped at 7000 meters, including Glen Plake and Greg Hill, both of whom survived. Nine people have been confirmed dead and at least six are still missing, among them Plake’s teammates Rémy Lécluse and Greg Costa. Skier Eric Hjorleifson was on the mountain, too, but there has been no report on his whereabouts.

Hill reported on his Facebook page, “A huge avalanche swept through camp 3 at 4:45am on Manaslu, catching lots of people in their sleeping bags, many dead, and injured. Luckily our team is fine, and helped with the rescue, Glen Plake is also fine but my heart goes out to all the others…”

Plake was swept nearly a thousand feet in his tent, was banged up and lost teeth, but was otherwise okay.

“Greg [Costa] and I were in a tent together, Rémy was in another. It was 4:45a and I was in my sleeping bag with my headlamp on reading my devotional when we heard a roar. Greg looked at me and said, “That was a big gust of
,” then a second later, “No, that was an avalanche.”

Then it hit us.

I was swept 300 meters over a serac and down the mountain and came to a stop still in my sleeping bag, still inside the tent. We all went to sleep with avalanche transceivers on so I punched my way out of the tent and started searching.

Searched for 10 minutes when I realized I was barefoot.

Greg was using my down suit for a pillow and I found my suit, I found everything that was in my tent – camera, sleeping bag, ski boots, it was like someone had thrown my gear in the back of a pickup – but there was no sign of Greg. Rémy and his tent are nowhere to be found.”

The Associated Press reported that with the start of the fall Himalayan climbing season 231 people were on Manaslu, though nowhere near that many were at Camp 3.

lecluseplakecosta.jpgReports are conflicting. The AP reported that a German, Nepali, and Spaniard were among the dead and that 10 injured climbers were rescued and flown by helicopter to Kathmandu, according to pilot Pasang, including three French and two Germans. However, Agence France-Presse said that 13 people were rescued and five were evacuated to the capital.

“Most of the dead people are French,” the AFP quoted Ang Tshering Sherpa, vice-president of the Nepal Mountaineering Association, after speaking to expedition members at base camp by satellite telephone.

Plake, Lécluse, and Costa were attempting to be the first to ski 26,759-foot Manaslu without supplemental oxygen. Hill’s team, which includes Benedikt Böhm and Sebastian Haag, had originally planned to ski Cho Oyu, the world’s sixth-highest mountain, but was forced to abandoned their attempt when the Chinese government closed access to foreigners. They then shifted to Manaslu.

The peak is one of the more deadly of the world’s tall mountains. Through 2008, there had been 297 summits and 52 deaths. Manaslu’s worst disaster came in 1972, when an avalanche on the northeast side of the mountain killed 15 in a South Korean expedition, 10 of whom were Sherpas.


Πηγή :


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Μια τραγική στιγμή για την Ελληνική ορειβασία:


30 ώρες θύελλα! Τα δραματικά Χριστούγεννα του 1979 στον Όλυμπο





Η περίπτωση του ατυχήματος στον Όλυμπο τα Χριστούγεννα του 1979, είναι μια ιστορία που ούτε μέχρι τότε αλλά ούτε και μετά, είχε όμοιά της στα ελληνικά βουνά. Το γεγονός είχε όλα τα χαρακτηριστικά ενός μεγάλου δράματος, απ αυτά που μπορούμε να συναντήσουμε μόνο στις μεγάλες οροσειρές του κόσμου: μια πολυμελής ομάδα χάνει τον προσανατολισμό της μέσα στη χιονοθύελλα, προσπαθώντας να βρει το καταφύγιο, αλλά δεν τα καταφέρνει εξαιτίας της χιονοθύελλας. Η ομάδα εξαντλημένη καθηλώνεται μια ολόκληρη νύχτα μη μπορώντας να βρει ούτε τη μοναδική έξοδο διαφυγής από το φυσικά «οχυρό» που έχει εγκλωβιστεί, σε υψόμετρο 2500 μέτρων. Πολλά από τα μέλη της καταφέρνουν να επιβιώσουν εκτεθειμένα στα στοιχεία της φύσης, χάρη στις ολονύκτιες προσπάθειες των υπολοίπων. Την επόμενη μέρα, άυπνοι, χωρίς τροφή και χωρίς νερό, καταφέρνουν να αποδράσουν απ τον εφιάλτη, ανακαλύπτοντας μέσα στη θύελλα αυτή τη μοναδική οδό διαφυγής, αυτήν που είχαν ακολουθήσει για να μπουν στον εφιάλτη τους. Όμως για κάποιους ήταν ήδη αργά…


Όταν η περιπέτεια τελείωσε μετά από δύο 24ωρα, η ελληνική κοινή γνώμη της εποχής παρακολουθούσε σοκαρισμένη το κουβάρι των γεγονότων, όπως αυτό ξετυλιγόταν από τις περιγραφές των πρωταγωνιστών. Ένα δράμα είχε παιχτεί δυο βήματα μακρύτερα απ τον πολιτισμό, χωρίς να καταλάβει κανείς τίποτα. Το "ατύχημα στον Όλυμπο" ήταν η αφορμή για να πυροδοτηθούν πολλές συζητήσεις τα χρόνια που ακολούθησαν, σχετικά με την κατάσταση της ορειβασίας στην Ελλάδα.

Το κείμενο που ακολουθεί, γράφτηκε από τον Φαίδωνα Γαληνό, έναν από τους βασικούς πρωταγωνιστές του "ατυχήματος στον Όλυμπο". Η συναισθηματική φόρτιση του συγγραφέα είναι έκδηλη στο κείμενό του, που δημοσιεύτηκε 5 χρόνια αργότερα (χειμώνας 84-85) στο περιοδικό ΑΝΑΒΑΣΗ, απ όπου και το αναδημοσιεύουμε. Το κείμενο του Φαίδωνα Γαληνού αποτελεί ένα ντοκουμέντο για την ιστορία της ελληνικής ορειβασίας και είναι ευτύχημα ότι ο κεντρικός ήρωας ενός δράματος αποφάσισε να αφήσει τη μαρτυρία του για ένα τόσο σοβαρό γεγονός στις επόμενες γενιές, που μπορούν να διδαχτούν πολλά από την υπόθεση του «Ατυχήματος στον Όλυμπο το 1979».


Στην αργία της 28ης Οκτωβρίου 1979 ανταμώσαμε στα Μετέωρα οι ορειβάτες του ΣΕΟ απ όλη την Ελλάδα και αποφασίσαμε μια από τις εκδηλώσεις μας των Χριστουγέννων να γίνει στον Όλυμπο. Δεκαπέντε μέρες πριν από τα Χριστούγεννα, ο Δημήτρης Μπουντόλας και ο Δημητρός Νικηφορίδης, άρχισαν τις προετοιμασίες, ο πρώτος στο χώρο της Βόρειας Ελλάδας και ο δεύτερος στο χώρο της Νότιας. Τελικά συγκεντρώθηκαν για την ανάβαση 19 άτομα. Από την Αθήνα οι: Α. Αβραμόπουλος, Φ. Γαληνός, Β. Μπαλτόπουλος, Δ. Νικηφορίδης, Ι. Ξυνογιαννακόπουλος. Από την Χαλκίδα οι: Χ. Βουτσαρίδης, Γ. Σούλας. Από την Θεσσαλονίκη οι: Τ. Αναγνώστου, Μ. Αρζόγλου, Β. Βακαλόπουλος, Ν. Ματσάκας, Δ. Μπουντόλας, Δ. Μυστακίδης, Γ. Παπακερμέζης, Α. Τσιούγκας, Ζ. Τρόμπακας, Ι. Χατζηλαζάρου. Από την Καβάλα οι: Β. Βασιλακάκης, Κ. Μανάλης. Στην Αθήνα και Θεσσαλονίκη έμειναν γύρω στους 10 ορειβάτες, που θα μπορούσαν σε περίπτωση ανάγκης να τρέξουν για βοήθεια σε οποιοδήποτε σημείο.


Οι 19 χωρίστηκαν σε 2 ομάδες. Η πρώτη ομάδα από τους: Αρζόγλου, Βακαλόπουλο, Μανάλη, Ματσάκα, Παπακερμέζη θα πραγματοποιούσε μια αναρριχητική διαδρομή από το Ξερολάκι υψομετρικής διαφοράς 1000 μέτρων. Με μια διανυκτέρευση στην ορθοπλαγιά θσ έφτανε σε 24 ώρες περίπου στο Οροπέδιο των Θεών (Σημ. ΑΖ: των "Μουσών"). Οι υπόλοιποι 14, δηλαδή οι: Αβραμόπουλος, Αναγνώστου, Βασιλακάκης, Βουτσαρίδης, Γαληνός, Μπαλτόπουλος, Μπουντόλας, Μυστακίδης, Νικηφορίδης, Ξυνογιαννακόπουλος, Σούλας, Τρόμπακας, Τσιούγκας και Χατζηλαζάρου θα ανέβαιναν τη διαδρομή: Λιτόχωρο. Διασταύρωση, Μπάρμπα, Πύργο, Λαιμό, Πέρασμα Γιόσου, Οροπέδιο Θεών, Καταφύγιο ΕΟΣ (Σημ.Α-Ζ: Χ.Κάκαλου), διαδρομή περίπου 10 ωρών, ανάλογα με την ποιότητα του χιονιού.


Οι πρώτοι ξεκίνησαν τη Κυριακή το πρωί 23 Δεκεμβρίου. Το βράδυ, στα μέσα περίπου της ορθοπλαγιάς, συνάντησαν κακοκαιρία. Διανυκτέρευσαν όπου βρέθηκαν και την άλλη μέρα το πρωί επέστρεψαν στη βάση τους. Οι δεύτεροι ξεκίνησαν από το Λιτόχωρο την Κυριακή το πρωί στις 6. Πέρασαν από τη Διασταύρωση κατά τις 7. Ο καιρός ήταν καλός. Το χιόνι κατάλληλο για περπάτημα. Σκοπός τους να φτάσουν την ίδια μέρα στο καταφύγιο όπου να διανυκτερεύσουν ενώ τις επόμενες μέρες θα πραγματοποιούσαν αναρριχητικές διαδρομές στις ορθοπλαγιές των κορυφών. Ο Δημήτρης Νικηφορίδης ετοίμαζε μαζί με τον Θανάση Αβραμόπουλο να κάνει "χειμερινή" τη διαδρομή "Λιάγκου-Τααμακίδη-Καπετανάκη 1957" στην Πλάκα του Σκολιού. Συζητούσαμε κατά την ανάβαση το σχέδιο του. Επειδή όμως τις προθέσεις του μου τις είχε πει από την Αθήνα πήρα μαζί μου όλο το σχετικό υλικό που είχα για τυχόν διανυκτερεύσεις σε ορθοπλαγιές. Ο Δήμητρας με τα πάντοτε, με την καλή έννοια, φιλόδοξα σχέδια του είχε, όπως κάθε φορά, σχετικά βαρύ σάκο γεμάτο αναρριχητικό υλικό. Δεν μπόρεσα, όσες φορές προσπάθησα, να τον πείσω ν αλλάξει τακτική. Με το γλυκό, ευγενικό του ύφος ήθελε κάθε φορά να με πείσει ότι δεν είναι τόσο βαρύς όσο φανταζόμουνα. Νομίζω ότι πρέπει να έπαιξε κάποιο ρόλο ο σάκος του στον άδικο χαμό του. Είμαι βέβαιος ότι δεν θα το παραδεχότανε αν μπορούσε να μιλήσει. Ας ήταν δυνατό ν΄ ακούγαμε πάλι την ευγενικιά του φωνή με όλο το αγαθό της περιεχόμενο και ας ερχότανε σε αντίθεση με τη δικιά μας γνώμη.


Στου Μπάρμπα καθόμαστε λίγο, ανταλλάζουμε φαγητά. Το ίδιο στο Διάσελο Κόκα της Πυκνής Οξιάς. Παρατηρώ ότι και του Μπαλτόπουλου ο σάκος είναι σχετικά βαρύς. Και αυτός έχει την κακιά συνήθεια να κουβαλά περισσότερα πράγματα από τις δυνάμεις του, το ξέρω από άλλη φορά. Του ζητώ να πάρω μερικά. "Όχι προς το παρόν. Όταν έχω ανάγκη θα σου πω" μου λέει. Στην Πηγή Αποστολίδη μου δίνει τα κραμπόν του, το γκαζιεράκι του και ένα άλλο δέμα. Συνεχίζουμε ευθεία επάνω τον Στράγκο. Τραγουδώ τα τραγούδια που ξέρω ότι αρέσουν στην παρέα μου. Φτάνουμε στη Σκούρτα. Περνάμε το Λαιμό. Όλα πάνε θαυμάσια. Τίποτα δεν μαρτυρά την δραματική συνέχεια. Γύρω στις 4 βρισκόμαστε στο πέρασμα του Γιόσου. Ανεβαίνει πρώτος ο Μπουντόλας. Δεύτερος ο Νικηφορίδης. Μένω τελευταίος. Με ασφαλίζει ο Δημητρός. "Έχω κουραστεί", φωνάζει, "είναι όλα παγωμένα. Δεν μπορώ να σε ασφαλίσω. Πρόσεχε μη γλιστρήσεις". Όταν φτάνω επάνω έχει σκοτεινιάσει. Είναι πράγματι όλα γυαλί. Βοηθώ τον Δημητρό να περάσουμε μαζί το επικίνδυνο σημείο. Ο Νικηφορίδης έκανε εδώ το μεγάλο, το μοιραίο λάθος να ασφαλίσει, μέσα στην παγωνιά, αυτός όλους συνέχεια τους συντρόφους του. Λάθος που ήταν συνέπεια της άφταστης αλτρουιστικής του ψυχολογίας. Φωνάζω τους αμέσως μπρος από μας Αβραμόπουλο και Βουτσαρίδη να περιμένουν. Οι τέσσερις τελευταίοι εμείς, προχωράμε κρατώντας την επαφή με τους αμέσως προηγούμενους. Βρισκόμαστε πάνω στο οροπέδιο, διαπιστώνουμε ότι δεν είμαστε βέβαιοι για τη θέση του καταφύγιου. Έχουμε χάσει τον προσανατολισμό μας. Κάνουμε μερικές εξορμήσεις δεξιά-αριστερά μήπως πέσουμε επάνω του. Άκαρπες προσπάθειες.


Η νύχτα προχωρά, η ομίχλη πυκνώνει, ο αέρας δυναμώνει, το χιόνι μας χτυπά σκληρό στο πρόσωπο. "Δημητρό πως είσαι; "ωραία", ποτέ του δεν έλεγε το αντίθετο. Καταλαβαίνω όμως ότι κάτι δεν πάει καλά. Ανοίγω τον σάκο του, τον ξελαφρώνω από το βάρος μερικών καρφιών. Αρχίζω νάχω μια ανησυχία για το φίλο μου, τον εξαίρετο ορειβάτη, το πιο καλό παιδί του ΣΕΟ. Κανείς μας δεν μπορούσε να του πάρει την πρωτιά της αγάπης που του δίναμε όλοι μας, χωρίς καμιά αμφισβήτηση. Δεν περνά ακόμα από το νου μου το κακό που έμελλε να συμβεί. Συναντάμε μια κατηφόρα. Λέμε μήπως είναι η Λάκα μπρος από το Στεφάνι όπου η στέρνα, ή αν δεν είναι, ας πάμε τουλάχιστον προς τα κάτω, ίσως βρούμε υπήνεμο να διανυκτερεύσουμε. Κατεβαίνουμε. Υπήνεμο δεν συναντάμε, ούτε είναι η Λάκα του Στεφανιού. Ο Δπμητρός δεν μας ακολουθεί εύκολα, του παίρνουμε το σάκο. Αποφασίζουμε να μείνουμε κάπου, σκάβουμε το χιόνι στην πλαγιά να έχουμε τα νώτα μας προφυλαγμένα από το δυνατό αέρα. Κατά μήκος του τοίχου που δημιουργείται βολεύονται ένας-ένας καθιστοί η ξαπλωμένοι προφυλαγμένοι μέσα στα υπνόσακο ή στις βέστες, σκεπασμένοι με αδιάβροχα η αντιανεμικό. Έχω μαζί μου έναν "σάκο διαβίωσης" αυτός καλύπτει 5 άτομο, τακτοποιώ όσο μπορώ καλύτερα το Δημητρό. Μένουμε όρθιοι οι Μπουντόλας, ο Μυστακίδης κι εγώ. Κατά διαστήματα σηκώνουνται μερικοί και ξανακοιμούνται, όσο είναι δυνατό να κοιμηθείς εκεί. Τους ξεχιονίζω συνέχεια. Ο δυνατός αέρας τους σκεπάζει με χιόνι κάθε λίγο ολόκληρους. Με φωνάζουν ο ένας μετά τον άλλον. Όρθιος παρακολουθώ τις ώρες να περνούν αργά. Αφάνταστα αργά. Δώδεκα, μία, δύο. Πότε θα ξημερώσει; Σκοτάδι, ομίχλη αμετακίνητη, αν και φυσά δυνατός αέρας. Αγωνία....Πότε θα ξημερώσει; θ' ανοίξει άραγε καθόλου να δούμε που βρισκόμαστε; Μια κόψη, μια κορυφογραμμή ν' αντικρίσουμε, θα καταλάβουμε που είμαστε "Φαίδων βγάλε το χιόνι από το σβέρκο μου", φωνάζει ο Θανάσης. "Σκέπασε τα πόδια μου με το αδιάβροχο", μου ζητά ο άλλος. Το Δημητρό τον παρακολουθώ συνέχεια. Λέει ότι δεν κρυώνει. Κοιμάται στον υπνόσακο, σχετικά καλά προφυλαγμένος με το μεταλλικό μονωτικό κάλυμμα. Αλλά πότε θα ξημερώσει; Σκέψεις βαριές με βασανίζουν. Ώρα 3. Άλλες 4 ώρες θέλουμε το λιγότερο αν βέβαια ανοίξει λίγο ο καιρός, αλλιώς με την πυκνή ομίχλη δεν υπάρχει πάλι ελπίδα. Στις 7 δεν βλέπουμε ακόμα τίποτα. Σκοτάδι....


Στις 8 η ομίχλη κάθεται πυκνή, ο Μπουντόλας πηγαίνει προς τ' απάνω να προσανατολιστεί. Ο ενός μετά τον άλλον σηκώνονται, αρχίζουν να ετοιμάζονται για το οποιοδήποτε ξεκίνημα. Όλα παγωμένα. Σάκοι, υπνόσακοι, αδιάβροχα, γάντια, ξυλιασμένα. Μερικά πράματα μας τα σκέπασε το χιόνι. Στην κατάσταση που βρισκόμαστε δεν υπάρχει χρόνος να σκάψεις να τα βρεις. Προτιμάς να τ' αφήσεις. Ο Μπουντόλας φωνάζει να πάμε προς τ' απάνω γιατί από κανένα δυο βράχια που είδε φαντάζεται πού περίπου πρέπει να πέφτει το καταφύγιο, χωρίς όμως να 'ναι απόλυτα βέβαιος. Ξεκινάμε προς τ' απάνω ο ένας πίσω από τον άλλο. Σε λίγο ο Δπμπτρός αρχίζει να καθυστερεί. Δυσκολεύεται. Κάνει, όπως πάντα, ότι μπορεί. Οι δυνάμεις του δεν είναι σαν τις δικές μας.... Έφτασε η στιγμή που τόσο πολύ φοβόμουνα. Βλέπω το δράμα, διαισθάνομαι την τραγωδία... Ζητώ να βρούμε δρόμο προς τα κάτω. "Μη μου ζητάς Γαληνέ δεν γίνεται", απαντά ο Μπουντόλας. Γκρεμοί απάτητοι μας κλείνουν την κατάβαση. Τι πρέπει να κάνουμε;....Ο Δήμητρας είναι σύντροφος μας στο βουνό, στην ορειβασία, στην παρέα μας, αχώριστοι, ένα κομμάτι από τον εαυτό μας. Παρακαλώ τους Μυστακίδη, Βουτσαρίδη να τον κρατάν από δεξιά και αριστερά. Βαδίζω ακριβώς μπροστά του, ακολουθώντας τα βήματα των προηγουμένων που πριν προλάβω καλά-καλά να τα πατήσω καλύπτονται. Πηγαίνουμε όλοι τον ρυθμό του. Συνειδητοποιώ την πολύ άσχημη θέση. Δεν υπάρχει μέρος να κάτσεις, δεν υπάρχει τόπος να σταθείς. Η κίνηση όμως εξαντλεί. "Που οδηγείς τον αγαπητό σου φίλο;..." Δεν τολμάς ν' απαντήσεις. Πάγωσε η λαλιά, πάγωσε η σκέψη. Σκληρό χιόνι μας χτυπά το πρόσωπο. Φυσά δυνατά. Ο θάνατος γυρίζει γύρω μας. Χορεύει το χορό του, γελά, μας περιπαίζει. Αποφασίζουμε να μη ψάξουμε άλλο για το καταφύγιο αλλά να φύγουμε πίσω από το πέρασμα του Γιόσου μια που στο μεταξύ ο Μπουντόλας το είχε εντοπίσει.


Ο Δημητρός είναι πια πολύ βαρύς. Μόλις καταφέρνουν να τον κρατούν. Γύρω στις 2.30' σωριάζεται χάμω. Βγάζω από το σάκο μου τον υπνόσακό του, τον βάζουμε μέσα να ζεσταθεί. Ο Σούλας του δίνει το φιλί της Ζωής. Πριν προφτάσουμε καλά-καλά να κάνουμε οτιδήποτε, ο νους του σκοτείνιασε, η γλώσσα του μπερδεύτηκε, η ευαίσθητη και τόσο φλογερή καρδιά του έπαψε να χτυπά. Νεκρική σιγή απλώνεται στο Οροπέδιο και ας σφυρίζουν οι άνεμοι. Δεν τους ακούμε. Δεν έχουμε αυτιά ν' ακούμε. Δεν έχουμε μάτια να δούμε. Δεν έχουμε μυαλό να σκεφτούμε. Μια καρδιά χτυπά ακόμα στο στήθος μας. Μόνο το συναίσθημα ζει. Αυτό είναι έντονο, ολοκληρωμένο. Ο Δημητρός είχε την ευαισθησία και την τρυφεράδα του οραματιστή, ονειροπόλου. Υπήρξε θύμα της μεγάλης του αλληλεγγύης προς τους συντρόφους του. Μίας αλληλεγγύης που δεν μπορείς να περιγράψεις με λέξεις, δεν μπορείς να την πεις με λόγια. Την ζούσες όμως όταν τον είχες δίπλα σου, σε άγγιζε, σε κάλυπτε συνέχεια. Μιας αλληλεγγύης που όμοιο της δεν έχω γνωρίσει. Μπροστά στο μεγαλείο του η δικιά μας προσφορά την ώρα της αγωνίας του φαίνεται αστεία. Μηδενίζεται. Λες ότι δεν έκανες τίποτα. Μια φωνή ουρλιάζει μέσα σου. "Γιατί τον άφησες να πεθάνει;" Αρχίζεις να ελπίζεις στον μύθο της άλλης ζωής μήπως κάποτε τον συναντήσεις να συγχωρέσει τις παραλείψεις σου που μόνο αυτός τις ξέρει. Δένουμε τον ιερό νεκρό με ένα ορειβατικό σχοινί στο πιολέ του μην τον σύρουν οι άνεμοι, τον χαιρετάμε και απομακρυνόμαστε με βήματα αργά χωρίς να ξέρουμε αν θα πρέπει να πηγαίνουμε μπρος ή πίσω.




Φωτογραφία ντοκουμέντο: Σάββατο 24 Δεκεμβρίου 1979, απόγευμα στο "Λαιμό της Σκούρτας". Η ομάδα έχει ήδη χάσει δύο από τα μέλη της. Οι υπόλοιποι συνεχίζουν την δραματική πορεία προς τη σωτηρία τους ενώ η χιονοθύελλα μαίνεται ακόμα. Σε πρώτο πλάνο (από αριστερά): Χατζηλαζάρου, Αναγνώστου. Σε δεύτερο πλάνο: Ξινογιαννακόπουλος, Μυστακίδης (όρθιος). Στο βάθος ο Βασιλακάκης. (Φωτογραφία Ζ. Τρόμπακας)



Στο πέρασμα φτάνουμε γύρω στις 4 το απόγευμα. Αρχίζουμε ένας-ένας δεμένοι να κατεβαίνουμε. Τελευταίος κατεβαίνει ο Μπουντόλας. Τον ασφαλίζω. Ζητώ από τους υπόλοιπους να συνεχίσουνε την πορεία τους προς τον Λαιμό χωρίς να περιμένουν. Μαζεύουμε οι δύο μας τα σχοινιά. Πρώτος φεύγει ο Μπουντόλας. Τον ακούω να λέει σ' έναν που έμεινε τελευταίος: "Έλα κατέβαινε μην καθυστερείς". Το ίδιο του λέω κι εγώ ύστερα από λίγο, χωρίς να προσέξω ποιος ήταν αυτός που καθυστερούσε γιατί είχε καλά το πρόσωπο σκεπασμένο. Παρατηρώ όμως ότι ο σύντροφος μου δεν λέει να κινηθεί. Του πιάνω το χέρι να τον βοηθήσω, τότε βλέπω ότι είναι ο αγαπητός μου Γιώργος Σούλας, το θαυμάσιο αυτό παιδί από τη Χαλκίδα. Με τον Γιώργο, αν και η γνωριμία μας δεν ήταν παλιά, είχαμε γίνει πολύ καλοί φίλοι. Μπήκε στο πνεύμα μας, στην ψυχή μας σαν να γνωριζόμασταν χρόνια. "Τι συμβαίνει φοβάσαι;" Με φωνή που μόλις ακούγεται μου απαντά: Έχω πάθει χειρότερα από τον καημένο το Δημητρό" ήταν τα λόγια που ξεχώρισα. "Γιώργο, Γιώργο..". Κάτι ασυνάρτητα μου ψιθυρίζει χωρίς να καταλαβαίνω τίποτα. Προσπαθώ να το σηκώσω να τον κάνω να περπατήσει. Αδύνατο. Συμφορά... Εδώ στην αρχή της σωτηρίας μας, οι δυο μας μόνοι. Εκείνος σχεδόν αναίσθητος, εγώ ανήμπορος για οποιαδήποτε βοήθεια. Τι αστροπελέκι! Δεν τελείωσαν οι θυσίες μας; Η τραγωδία συνεχίζεται; Τι έχουμε να δούμε ακόμα;... Στο μεταξύ ο Μπουντόλας που είδε ότι δεν κατεβαίνουμε επιστρέφει. Οι δυο μαζί προσπαθούμε να κατεβάσουμε τον Γιώργο πιο χαμηλά. Τον γλιστράμε σιγά-σιγά πάνω στο χιόνι. Βρίσκουμε ένα επίπεδο, ίσιο μέρος. Βγάζω τον υπνόσακο μου. Βάζουμε μέσα τον Γιώργο να ζεσταθεί, αλλά η ίδια η πριν από 3 ώρες σκηνή επαναλαμβάνεται με μαθηματική ακρίβεια. Έχουμε χάσει ένα δεύτερο σύντροφο. Το ψυχικό μας δράμα είναι μεγάλο, δεν χωρά μέσα μας. Δεν έχουμε τη δύναμη να σηκώσουμε τη δεύτερη απώλεια - Γιατί δεν μπορούμε να βοηθήσουμε τους συντρόφους μας σε τέτοιες περιπτώσεις; Γιατί δεν υπάρχει τρόπος;....- Δεν συζητάμε. Είμαστε βουβοί. Μας βασανίζουν και τους δυο οι ίδιες σκέψεις. Τυλίγουμε τον νεκρό ο' ένα κόκκινο αλουμινοκάλυμμα για να φαίνεται. Μπήγουμε στο χιόνι το πιολέ. Αφήνουμε εκεί το σάκο του. Δεν μπορούμε να ξεκινήσουμε. Τι είδηση θα φέρουμε στους άλλους που μας περιμένουν στη Σκούρτα; Ούτε ξέρουν, ούτε υποψιάζονται τίποτα από τις τελευταίες δραματικές μας στιγμές. Ξεκινάμε, ο νους μας όμως μένει πίσω και θα μένει για όλη μας τη ζωή εκεί στον λευκό Όλυμπο. Στην Σκούρτα συναντάμε τους άλλους. Κατευθυνόμαστε όλοι μαζί για τον Στράγκο.


Μετά τον Πύργο ο Μπαλτόπουλος δείχνει σημεία κόπωσης. Πάει να πέσει στο κενό. που βρίσκεται στα δεξιό μας. Τον αρπάζω πάνω στο χείλος από την πλάτη. Του παίρνουμε οι πιο γεροί εναλλάξ τον σάκο. Λίγο πιο πέρα γκρεμίζεται ο Τρόμπακας. Ευτυχώς πέφτει στα μαλακά. Τον ανεβάζουμε με σχοινί. Δεν ξέρω τι ήταν αυτό που τους τραβούσε στον γκρεμό. Σύμπτωση ή άλλος λόγος; Κατεβαίνουμε το Στράγκο. Αρκετοί είναι οι κουρασμένοι, αλλά η συνοχή, η πειθαρχία η αλληλεγγύη της ομάδας είναι πλήρης. Κατά τις 9 ο Βασίλης δηλώνει αδυναμία να προχωρήσει. Ξαπλώνει στο έδαφος λιπόθυμος. Τον πιάνουν στα χέρια τους ο Βουτσαρίδης και Μυστακίδης. Προσπαθούν να τον συνεφέρουν, τον χτυπούν στο πρόσωπο, τον ταϊζουν με το ζόρι. Ο Μπουντόλας τρέχει μια ώρα πιο κάτω να φέρει νερό. Αυτό που είχαμε πάγωσε μέσα στα παγούρια. Εδώ δεν φυσά, δεν χιονίζει, δεν κάνει κρύο. Βρισκόμαστε μέσα σε δάσος. Ο Μπουντόλας επιστρέφει τα μεσάνυχτα με δύο γεμάτα παγούρια. Τρέχουν όλοι να πιουν. Ήταν 40 ώρες χωρίς νερό. Λέω να μην πιει κανείς γιατί την μεγαλύτερη ανάγκη την είχε ο Μπαλτόπουλος. Όλοι πειθαρχούν χωρίς εξαίρεση και χωρίς καμιά συζήτηση. Στο μεταξύ ο Βασίλης με τις φροντίδες των Μυστακίδη, Βουτσαρίδη έχει συνέλθει. Πίνει το ένα παγούρι. Δεν αποφασίζουμε να τον μετακινήσουμε, να τον αναγκάσουμε να περπατήσει. Ξέρουμε ότι μια τέτοια προσπάθεια θα τον εξαντλήσει με κίνδυνο πολύ σύντομα να μας οδηγήσει σε απώλεια μιας ακόμα ζωής. Είμαστε πολύ προσεκτικοί! Ο καλύτερος τρόπος είναι να μείνει προσωρινά εκεί που είναι, μέσα στον υπνόσακο, καλά προφυλαγμένος, σε κατάλληλη θέση. Του δίνουμε το δεύτερο παγούρι. Του υποσχόμαστε την άλλη μέρα να του στείλουμε ελικόπτερο και ομάδα διάσωσης. Είμαστε βέβαιοι πως βρίσκεται σε καλή κατάσταση. Κάνουμε την πιο σωστή πράξη για τη σωτηρία του. Κατά τις 3 το πρωί Χριστούγεννα φεύγουμε οι υπόλοιποι για κάτω. Με οδηγό τον Μπουντόλα περνάμε νύχτα τις απότομες χιονισμένες πλαγιές.


Στις 9 το πρωί φτάνουμε στη διασταύρωση. Τους αφήνω όλους εκεί. Φεύγω τροχάδην για Λιτόχωρο. Όλα γύρω λευκά. Το χιόνι έφτασε πολύ χαμηλά. Κοντό στο Σταυρό σταματά δίπλα μου ένα αυτοκίνητο. Ήταν ο Βαγγέλης Συμεωνίδης που έμαθε από τους υπόλοιπους της παρέας μου το ατύχημα κι έτρεξε αμέσως να με βρει. Στο χωριό δίνω την είδηση στον Διοικητή Χωροφυλακής κ. Καρακωντίνο που μαζί φροντίζουμε για ελικόπτερο και ομάδα βοηθείας. Με τον μοίραρχο κ. Καρακωντίνο γινόμαστε γρήγορα καλοί φίλοι. Η συμπαράσταση του είναι αμέριστη. Άοκνος πάντοτε καλοπροαίρετος, άξιο παράδειγμα προς μίμηση. Πόσο καλύτερα θα ήμασταν αν είχε παντού η Διοίκηση Καρακωντίνους!...


Το ελικόπτερο έρχεται αμέσως, παίρνει τον Μπουντόλα. Πετάει προς το Στράγκο. Η ομίχλη δεν του επιτρέπει να κατέβει στο σημείο που βρίσκεται ο Μπαλτόπουλος. Στο μεταξύ φεύγει μια ομάδα από Λιτοχωρινούς με το Ζολώτα και λίγο αργότερα μια άλλη από τους Θεσσαλονικιούς Σπανούδη, Γεωργιάδη, Αρζόγλου, Σκουτέλη. Οι ομάδες διάσωσης βρίσκουν τον Βασίλη στο σημείο που τον αφήσαμε. Τον κατεβάζουν στη Διασταύρωση, όπου τον παραλαμβάνει αυτοκίνητο της Χωροφυλακής. Εδώ τελειώνει το δράμα των ζωντανών, αρχίζει η ταλαιπωρία των νεκρών. Ο Όλυμπος επιστράτευσε όλες του τις δυνάμεις να τους κρατήσει στα λευκά τους σάβανα. Ύστερα από πολυήμερες μεγάλες προσπάθειες μπορέσαμε να τους αποσπάσουμε. Ήθελε να τους αρνηθεί το θάρρος τους; Ήθελε να τιμωρήσει εμάς; Η επιθυμούσε να τους κρατήσει για πάντα, σαν άλλος Μίνωας, κοντά του; Δυστυχώς δεν είμαι φιλόλογος να εξιστορήσω, δεν είμαι ποιητής να υμνήσω λυρικά τα φοβερά γεγονότα και συναισθήματα που ζήσαμε. Δεν είμαι ραψωδός να ψάλω τον πόνο μας, πόνος που έμεινε μέσα μας για πάντα, σφραγίζοντας όλη μας τη ζωή. Μια άλλη πένα χρειαζόταν για την ιστορία αυτή.


Πηγή: http://www.advendure...po#.UQA186VfVtF

  • Like 8


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Επιχείρηση απεγκλωβισμού ορειβάτη στη κορυφή Λάπατο στο Πάπιγκο


Σε εξέλιξη βρίσκεται επιχείρηση απεγκλωβισμού 30χρονου ορειβάτη που έπεσε σε χαράδρα βάθους 400 μέτρων στην κορυφή «Λάπατος» στο όρος Τύμφη, στην περιοχή του Πάπιγκου.


Ο 30χρονος, που είχε πάει για ορειβασία στην περιοχή μαζί με άλλους δύο φίλους του, πάτησε σε «κορνίζα», με αποτέλεσμα να υποχωρήσει το χιόνι και να βρεθεί στο κενό, από ύψος 400 μέτρων. Το σημείο, που βρίσκεται απέναντι από το καταφύγιο της Τύμφης, πλησίον της κορυφής Γκαμήλα, είναι ιδιαίτερα απόκρημνο. Να σημειωθεί ότι επιχειρεί ελικόπτερο super puma για την προσπάθεια για απεγκλωβισμού του νεαρού ορειβάτη.


Ήδη έχει ενημερωθεί η Βάση Ετοιμότητας της Ελληνικής Ομάδας Διάσωσης στα Ιωάννινα και τα Παραρτήματα της Οργάνωσης στην Ηγουμενίτσα, τα Γρεβενά, τα Τρίκαλα και την Κοζάνη και βρίσκονται σε επιχειρησιακή ετοιμότητα, ώστε να συνδράμουν σε περίπτωση που χρειαστεί.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ο άνθρωπος είναι καλά;




Ιωάννινα: Άφαντος ο 30χρονος ορειβάτης που έπεσε σε χαράδρα


Δευτέρα, 28 Ιανουαρίου 2013, 20:28


Κανένα ίχνος δεν βρέθηκε από τον 30χρονο ορειβάτη από τα Γιάννινα που το πρωί σήμερα γλίστρησε και κατακρημνίστηκε σε χαράδρα βάθους περισσοτέρων των 500 μέτρων, στην ορεινή περιοχή Λάπατο στο Πάπιγκο των Ιωαννίνων. Στις 5 το απόγευμα σταμάτησαν οι έρευνες και οι μεν διασώστες θα διανυκτερεύσουν σε καταφύγιο της περιοχής το δε ελικόπτερο «Σούπερ Πούμα» επέστρεψε στην βάση του.


Στην περιοχή επικρατεί πυκνή ομίχλη, το ύψος του χιονιού ξεπερνά τα δύο μέτρα και η θερμοκρασία κατά την διάρκεια της νύχτας κατεβαίνει στους -15 βαθμούς Κελσίου.


Ο 30χρονος με τους δύο φίλους του, έφθασαν στην περιοχή χθες το απόγευμα, διανυκτέρευσαν στο καταφύγιο και σήμερα πολύ πρωί, ξεκίνησαν την ορειβατική τους διαδρομή περνώντας και από ένα πολύ στενό μονοπάτι. Εκεί γλίστρησε στο παγωμένο χιόνι και κατακρημνίστηκε στην μεγάλη χαράδρα.


Οι δύο φίλοι του εντοπίστηκαν και είναι καλά στην υγεία τους. Στο μεταξύ οργή έχει προκαλέσει στα Γιάννινα η τακτική των υπευθύνων των ελικοπτέρων έρευνας και διάσωσης «Σούπερ –Πούμα» να απαιτήσουν την πληρωμή του ελικοπτέρου για τις έρευνες από την οικογένεια του 30χρονου, ή την Περιφέρεια Ηπείρου. Η Πολιτική Προστασία της Περιφέρειας που ανέλαβε τις διαδικασίες, πήρε την απάντηση ότι, για να πετάξει το ελικόπτερο, θα έπρεπε να καταβληθούν 30.000 ευρώ για την πτήση του «Σούπερ-Πούμα» μέχρι τα Γιάννινα και την επιστροφή του και στη συνέχεια, 6.000 ευρώ για κάθε ώρα πτήσης. Συνεδρίασε έκτακτα η Οικονομική Επιτροπή της Περιφέρειας Ηπείρου, εγκρίθηκε το σχετικό ποσό, στάλθηκαν τα σχετικά έγγραφα και πέταξε το ελικόπτερο το μεσημέρι με καθυστέρηση αρκετών ωρών, στο Πάπιγκο.


Η ίδια διαδικασία θα ισχύσει και για την αυριανή συμμετοχή του ελικοπτέρου στις έρευνες.





...Have a nice day

before a bastard

comes and fucks

it up...



www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-skate.gifΛίζα...θα'ρθείς...θα κάνουμε μπανάνα...?!www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-skate.gif

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Μάλιστα...δηλ.όσοι δεν έχουν οικονομική άνεση να μην ορειβατούν.....όσοι δεν έχουν μην τολμήσουν να το σκεφτούν...

εδώ και τα λεπτά μετράνε στη διάσωση ,κι αυτοί φύγανε με ώρες καθυστερησης....τι να πω ρε παιδιά.Ξέρω ότι τα πράγματα

έχουν στενέψει αλλά δεν πιστεύω ότι η ανθρωπινη ζωή έχει και τιμή....να κάνουμε παζάρια..

  • Like 2

"I would never have imagined that a girl from little ol’ Midland, Ont. would be where I am today.So always dream big…you can make it happen!"(Sarah Burke)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Έχω μείνει άφωνος από τα νεύρα μου....!!!! :angry: :angry:


Δεν λέω, θα έπρεπε κανονικά να γίνεται ότι γίνεται και σε άλλες χώρες. Δηλαδή να δηλώνεσαι σε κάθε εξόρμησή σου (Αστυνομία; Πυροσβεστική; Δασαρχείο; ΕΟΣ; Κάπου!), να καταγράφεται το σημείο εισόδου/εξόδου, η πιθανολογούμενη διαδρομή που θα ακολουθήσεις και να ασφαλίζεσαι για τέτοιους κινδύνους πληρώνοντας το αντίστοιχο premium.


Μέχρι τότε είναι ΑΠΑΡΑΔΕΚΤΟ να ισχύουν τέτοιες πρακτικές και ακόμα πιο ΑΠΑΡΑΔΕΚΤΟ να παίζεις με τον πόνο μιας οικογένειας, ζητώντας ουσιαστικά "φακελάκι".

Edited by wraith
  • Like 2


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Δεν λέω, θα έπρεπε κανονικά να γίνεται ότι γίνεται και σε άλλες χώρες. Δηλαδή να δηλώνεσαι σε κάθε εξόρμησή σου (Αστυνομία; Πυροσβεστική; Δασαρχείο; ΕΟΣ; Κάπου!), να καταγράφεται το σημείο εισόδου/εξόδου, η πιθανολογούμενη διαδρομή που θα ακολουθήσεις και να ασφαλίζεσαι για τέτοιους κινδύνους πληρώνοντας το αντίστοιχο premium.

Αυτά που λες περί δηλώσεων κλπ δεν ισχύουν σε καμμία χώρα. Ίσως να ίσχυαν σε κάποιες ανατολικές χώρες επί υπαρκτού.

Σε προηγμένες ορειβατικά χώρες όπως η Γαλλία, η διάσωση είναι τζάμπα και τα ελικόπτερα είναι πανταχού παρόντα στις Άλπεις. Τα ελικόπτερα ανήκουν στη χωροφυλακή ψηλού βουνού (PGHM) και είναι επανδρωμένα με υψηλής ποιότητας προσωπικό. Μεγάλο ποσοστό των "χωροφυλάκων" που υπηρετούν στο PGHM είναι οδηγοί βουνού. Να μη μιλήσω για τους πιλότους που τους βλέπεις να κολλάνε το ελικόπτερο στην ορθοπλαγιά και φρικάρεις. Εννοείται ότι πας όπου γουστάρεις χωρίς να χρειάζεται να δώσεις λογαριασμό σε κανένα.

Στην Ελβετία πρέπει να πληρώσεις κάποια ασφάλιστρα και κανείς δεν σε ρωτάει που πας. Αν σου τύχει βέβαια να χρειαστείς το ελικόπτερο και έχει τσιγκουνευτεί τα ασφάλιστρα θα πληρώσεις γερά.

Δεν θυμάμαι τι γίνεται στην Ιταλία με τη διάσωση (αν είναι τζάμπα δηλαδή ή αν πληρώνεις ασφάλιστρα) αλλά και εκεί κανείς δεν σε ρωτάει που πας.

Edited by pka
  • Like 3

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Οκ, δεκτόν...Θα έπρεπε όμως να δηλώνεσαι, με την έννοια της ενημέρωσης και όχι της άδειας όπως μάλλον κατάλαβες εσύ, για να ελαχιστοποιείς το πεδίο που θα σε αναζητούν.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Αγνοείται ακόμη ο ορειβάτης που έπεσε σε χαράδρα στο Πάπιγκο



Άκαρπες αποδεικνύονται μέχρι στιγμής οι προσπάθειες για τον εντοπισμό του 30χρονου ορειβάτη που έπεσε χθες σε χαράδρα 400 μέτρων στην κορυφή «Λάπατος» στο όρος Τύμφη, στην περιοχή του Πάπιγκου.

Σήμερα το πρωί το ελικόπτερο Super Puma της Πολεμικής Αεροπορίας έκανε νέες έρευνες στο σημείο, οι οποίες, όμως, δεν απέδωσαν καρπούς.

Στην περιοχή επιχειρούν ήδη από χθες 22 μέλη της Ελληνικής Ομάδας Διάσωσης ενώ θα ξεκινήσει σύντομα νέα έρευνα με ιδιωτικό ελικόπτερο σε συνεργασία με την ΕΟΔ.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Παρά τις εξονυχιστικές έρευνες κανένα ίχνος δεν βρέθηκε για τον 30χρονο ορειβάτη που αγνοείται από το πρωί της Δευτέρας, όταν μαζί με δύο φίλους του, περνούσαν ένα στενό μονοπάτι και υποχώρησαν τεράστιοι όγκοι χιονιού συμπαρασύροντάς τον.

Πιθανότερο ενδεχόμενο είναι ο άτυχος ορειβάτης να έχει καταπλακωθεί από τους όγκους του χιονιού και η ανεύρεσή του είναι εξαιρετικά δύσκολη, γιατί η πρόσβαση από διασώστες σε εκείνο το σημείο είναι παρακινδυνευμένη, έως αδύνατη.


Ελπίδες δημιουργούνται από το απόγευμα της Τρίτης όταν η εταιρεία κινητής τηλεφωνίας που ζητήθηκε η συνδρομή της, ενισχύοντας το σήμα της στην χαράδρα εντόπισε το κινητό τηλέφωνο του 30χρονου, που ήταν σε λειτουργία. Αυτή η εξέλιξη εξετάζεται πλέον λεπτομερώς και δεν έγινε γνωστό ποια τακτική θα ακολουθηθεί στη συνέχεια.

Το ελικόπτερο «Σούπερ Πούμα», αλλά και ιδιωτικό ελικόπτερο που μισθώθηκε από την οικογένεια του ορειβάτη, «χτένισαν» όλη την περιοχή, χωρίς να εντοπίσουν το παραμικρό. Ταυτόχρονα διασώστες της ΕΜΑΚ και ιδιώτες έμπειροι ορειβάτες, όπου ήταν δυνατόν ερεύνησαν, αλλά η απότομη χαράδρα βάθους 500 μέτρων αλλά και οι τεράστιοι όγκοι χιονιού, (σε μεγάλη έκταση ξεπερνά τα 3 μέτρα), δεν επέτρεψαν την συστηματική και σωστή έρευνα, αφού δημιουργούνταν συνεχώς επικίνδυνες χιονοστιβάδες.


Ακόμη και όταν ελικόπτερα πετούσαν πολύ χαμηλά, πάλι υπήρχε μετακίνηση όγκων χιονιού.



"...the monarch of mountains: they crowned him long time ago οn a throne of rocks, in a robe of clouds, with a diadem of snow''

(Lord Byron about Mont Blanc)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Εδώ το διάβασα δεν λέει αλλά οι πιθανότητες είναι ελάχιστες


Δυστυχώς βγάλαν διόρθωση πριν λίγο συγνώμη για την ανακρίβεια

Edited by miltos

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Εντοπίστηκε πριν από λίγο, σύμφωνα με την Ελληνική Ομάδα Διάσωσης, από ιδιωτικό ελικόπτερο και τους Ελβετούς διασώστες της Air Zermatt η σορός του ορειβάτη που αγνοούνταν από τη Δευτέρα στο Πάπιγκο.

Κρίμα :(



Γιατρέ τα βλέπω όλα άσπρα!Είμαι σοβαρά?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Posts

    • Πωλούνται 3 )και μεμονωμένα ) εισιτηρια για τη συναυλία του sting στο Ηρώδειο Πέμπτη 30 σεπτ Τιμη όσο κάνανε 75 ευρώ έκαστο   Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk    
    • Για να επανερχόμαστε σε δράση σας παρακαλώ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ήθελα να βρω κάποιο thread για action cam's και ξέθαψα ετούτο για να συνεχίσουμε. Η περσινή χρονιά μάλλον ανύπαρκτη (αν και πολύ καλή για μερικούς), για όλους όμως χωρίς καινούριο εξοπλισμό καθώς με την αβεβαιότητα που είχαμε δεν νομίζω να επένδυσαν πολλοί σε κάτι που πέρσι θα ήταν καινούριο και φέτος παλιό. Δυο χρόνια για αυτή την τεχνολογία ίσως να είναι πολλά. Και η καταγραφή των χιονοδρομικών εμπειριών μας συγκινεί πολλούς από εμάς. Υπάρχουν αρκετά νέα στην αγορά και ακόμα περισσότερες ελπίδες ότι άλλο ένα unboxing θα είναι από τα απολαυστικότερα και πολλά υποσχόμενο μετά την περσινή χρονιά κορονοϊού. Θα υπάρξουν αρκετά πραγματικά νέα το επόμενο 2μηνο. Για ένα μικρό ζέσταμα, έχουμε την gopro10. Σίγουρα μπορούμε να βρούμε πολλές πληροφορίες στο διαδίκτυο. Να ένα ξεκίνημα:    
    • https://www.kalavrytanews.com/2021/09/blog-post_197.html Ο δρομος ειναι κομπλε. Απο το ΧΚ και προς Καλαβρυτα (μεχρι τη διασταυρωση οπως θα δειτε στο βιντεο) και φυσικα και απο την αλλη για Περιστερα που φτιαχτηκε περισυ, ασχετα αν ο συγκεκριμενος δρομος ειναι παντα κλειστος μετα απο χιονοπτωσεις. Καποια στιγμη θα θελαμε να δουμε νεα ασφαλτο και στο Διακοπτο - Καλαβρυτα αλλα και στο κομματι απο τα Καλαβρυτα μεχρι την διασταυρωση. Φυσικα αυτο δεν αφορα το χιονοδρομικο αλλα οι επιλογες μας ειναι περιορισμενες. Εφοσον δεν ανοιγει ο δρομος απο Περιστερα για να περναμε μεσα απο την πολη των Καλαβρυτων τουλαχιστον ας βελτιωθει η υφισταμενη διαδρομη με νεα ασφαλτο και χωματουργικα οπου χρειαζονται. Οσον αφορα τα νεα λιφτς και γενικως την αναβαθμιση, υποτιθεται οτι τελειωνουν τα ψεματα και το ερχομενο καλοκαιρι ξεκινανε τα εργα. Θετικο οτι παρεληφθησαν τα ρατρακ το καλοκαιρι του 20.
    • #προσδοκώμενο όφελος, κατά την προς ψήφιση σύμβαση, είναι κυριολεκτικά ευτελές σε σχέση με το προς παραχώρηση δημοτικό περιουσιακό στοιχείο.#μα για ποιο περιουσιακό στοιχείο μιλούν…….Κάποιος θα πρέπει να τους  ζητήσει να απομακρύνουν όλες της κατασκευές που σαπίζουν και μολύνουν . εμείς θα πάμε στο βουνό και θα κατέβουμε πλαγιές που κάθε χρόνο απολαμβάνουμε , (για όσο μας παίρνουν  τα πόδια μας ) γιορτές και τα πανηγύρια ……….! για αυτά είμαστε …….!   για την πρόταση να μην ανοίξει νέο θέμα, άκυρο ,  το ανοίξαμε …..⛷⛷⛷⛷
    • Δυστυχώς μάλλον θα αφαιρεθεί από τις χιονοδρομικές μας επιλογές για τα επόμενα χρόνια. Το lockdown λόγω κορωνοϊού την περασμένη χρονιά ήταν μία εξαιρετική αφορμή ώστε να "κουκουλωθεί" η αδυναμία λειτουργίας του. Αυτή την  περίοδο οι αρχές είναι απασχολημένες με την Γιορτή Τρύγου που διεξάγεται στην πόλη.
  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Argentinos
      (41 years old)
    2. donmeli
      (53 years old)
    3. GAN
      (45 years old)
    4. kali
      (38 years old)
    5. qazeroti
      (38 years old)
  • Who is online

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
    • Most Online

    Newest Member
    Frontier airlines booking
  • Create New...