Hello,

new to the forum. I understand and speak some greek, but do not write well, so here I am.

I am not a skier (grew up in a southern place), though I love snow and tried snbrd a couple of times ( semi-successful lol ), but my bf loves skiing.

We are going to spend 2013 new year holidays in Athens and would like to meet some people, hopefully make friends and of course go skiing. (well, he will ski, I will try to learn, that is :D )

Therefore I wanted to ask if there are (will be) any new year events planned in the ski resorts for the new year night, so that we could celebrate the new year eve there and enjoy skiing the next day.

Nice to meet you all.

Tanya

Hello Tanya and welcome to our forum!!!

We hope the 2013 skiing season will start sooner than New Years Eve... :thumbup:

Do you mean events planned for the night IN the skiing resort??i am not perrsonally aware of such thing

yet but it is rather early for such information.Since you will stay in Athens ,you will visit Parnassos and /or

Kalavryta ski resorts or Mainalo.We will have a chance to meet both you and your bf those days so stay

tuned!!!

Have a nice life until then!

Liana

"I would never have imagined that a girl from little ol’ Midland, Ont. would be where I am today.So always dream big…you can make it happen!"(Sarah Burke)

welcome Tanya

"...the monarch of mountains: they crowned him long time ago οn a throne of rocks, in a robe of clouds, with a diadem of snow''

(Lord Byron about Mont Blanc)

Thank you for your replies and welcoming :)

Liana, what I was talking about is based on a random experience we had with a friend a few years ago, when we went to 3-5 pigadia to try to learn snowboard. We decided to have a rather quiet New Year Eve, with the snow, nature and some outdoor activities. So we arrived there Dec 31, we were planning to have a drink in the evening at a resort's bar and go to bed early to spend the following 2 days doing some sport and just walking in the snow. We were surprised to have found ourselves in the middle of a party later that night. They were distributing some gluhwein/glintwein outdoors with the music playing outside, then some experienced skiers went down the slope, holding flambeaus :o It was actually getting dark already and I assume what they did was quite dangerous, but looked amazing in the dark and also makes you assume that the whole thing was planned and well-prepared in advance, though I have seen no announcements or advertisments of such event when we were reserving the tickets for the bus. So we figured it was just some community of skiers who organized that sort of party just for themselves. Later on there were fireworks to signify the new year midnight, not huge but plenty, and the crowd moved to the bar for the rest of the night. We haven't stayed up late, but it was very nice and joyful, exactly what we wanted for that New Year Eve. So, I thought I'd browse the forums and communities in the hope to come across something like that again for this New Year eve.

• Like 1

There are some events such as night skiing in our ski centers ex.every Saturday in Pisoderi or i have witnessed

night skiing with music playing and a snow bar at Pilio,where we had our annual meeting for elections in our ski

club.But maybe i am not aware because i have never been in a ski center New Year's Eve.

It would be a super event.

"I would never have imagined that a girl from little ol’ Midland, Ont. would be where I am today.So always dream big…you can make it happen!"(Sarah Burke)

haha great!

I hope the gathering like in that video will take place at a skiresort on this new year eve, we would happily join and contribute what we can to make it happen. (no, we are not rich :D)

Our holidays start on Dec 25th and end on Jan 5. I hope to be able to see you then! I will keep an eye on the forum's updates, but in case of any event or gathering, please kidnly let me know, by either posting in this thread or feel free to contact me via facebook, if it isn't too hard and if you don't forget and if we can participate, of course.

Thank you in advance and happy skiing season everyone!

• Like 1

that s what i found with the help of google.For 31-12-2011 at 3-5 Pigadia there were hapennings like night skiing,skiers with torches.

Στο Χ.Κ. 3-5 Πηγάδια υποδέχθηκαν τη νέα χρόνια πολλοί επισκέπτες

Στο χιονοδρομικό κέντρο «3-5 Πηγάδια» υποδέχθηκαν τη νέα χρόνια πολλοί επισκέπτες απ’ όλη την Ελλάδα. Την παραμονή της πρωτοχρονιάς διοργανώθηκε από την ΤΑΒ η πρωτοχρονιάτικη γιορτή που περιλάμβανε νυχτερινό σκι, λαμπαδηδρομία με χιονοδρόμους και γλέντι στο ξύλινο Liftbar.

Η άριστη ποιότητα του χιονιού και των χιονοδρομικών πιστών σε συνδυασμό με την πλήρη λειτουργία όλων των εγκαταστάσεων (αναβατήρες, εστιατόριο, ξενοδοχείο, τεχνητή χιόνωση κλπ.) πρόσφεραν στους φίλους της χιονοδρομίας ευχάριστες συγκινήσεις.

Ακόμη, τα συνεργεία αποχιονισμού του Δήμου φρόντισαν ο δρόμος να είναι καθαρός, διευκολύνοντας τις μετακινήσεις των οδηγών από και προς το χιονοδρομικό κέντρο και τους οικισμούς Άγιο Παύλο (Κουτσούφλιανη) και Μεταμόρφωση (Δραζίλοβο).

Επίσης, η ΤΑΒ για το ερχόμενο Σαββατοκύριακο (7 και 8 Ιανουαρίου), διοργανώνει το μεσημέρι στο σαλέ και το liftbar γιορτές με DJ και με πολλές εκπλήξεις.

(Πληφορορίες: Χ. Κ. «3-5 Πηγάδια», τηλ. 23320 44981).

Δήμος Νάουσας / ΤΑΒ Α.Ε. - ΔΤ 04/01/2012

e-naoussa.gr

to cut a long story short,it happened whatever you described in your post.

Best regards

• Like 1

Hi there, i can tell you only this, that in the middle square of Arachova village, close to Parnassos, the biggest ski resort of Greece will make the ski event at the Christmas time with rails and jumps snow cannons and to much freestyle.

• Like 1

Την υγειά μας παιδιά και όλα τα άλλα είναι....

The Daltons...jack

www.skimag.gr

hello Tanya,look here at ski center Vassilitsa.

Ski test on 12 & 13 January in Kalavrita, organized by Ski & Snowboard+ Magazine, along with Kalavrita Ski Centre, in Vathia Lakka (right next to the upper chalet).

We are on the final countdown for this beautiful event:

http://www.skimag.gr...23/default.aspx

Don't miss it!

PS. There will also be snowboards available, as well as action cams....

The Skitest will continue with a party on Saturday night in cafe club FOX.

Νίφει!

Dear Skiers,

Once again I'm planning to go to a snow resort with friends and facing a dilemma- basically some of us ski some don't, so we also want to do sledding and we think of going to Kalavrita. We found some hotels, but they are 15Km away. We'd prefer to use one of those busses from Athens to Kalavrita and avoid taking a car. Thus I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any hotels closer to Kalavrita than 15Km faraway that you could recommend?

2. Is it realistic to stay 15 Km from Kalavrita and go there and back to the hotel by taxi or it's going to cost a fortune?

Thank you in advance for any info and for your time.

Best regards,

Tanya

• Like 1

Dear Skiers,

Once again I'm planning to go to a snow resort with friends and facing a dilemma- basically some of us ski some don't, so we also want to do sledding and we think of going to Kalavrita. We found some hotels, but they are 15Km away. We'd prefer to use one of those busses from Athens to Kalavrita and avoid taking a car. Thus I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any hotels closer to Kalavrita than 15Km faraway that you could recommend?

2. Is it realistic to stay 15 Km from Kalavrita and go there and back to the hotel by taxi or it's going to cost a fortune?

Thank you in advance for any info and for your time.

Best regards,

Tanya

Dear Tanya,

I'm not sure that I understood all of what you said.

The hotel that you have already find, is in the village in Kalavrita and 15 km away from the ski area, or is it 15 km away from the village of Kalavryta? Posting a link of the hotel, would be very useful for me in order to give some informations about the transportation to the ski resort.

It's a frequent misunderstood saying "Kalavryta" (which is the village close to the ski area) instead if saying "Helmos" (which is the ski area).

Edited by GiGi
  • Like 1

From what I know, the new manager of the ski resort intended to deploy some buses running from Kalavryta to/from the Ski Center. I'm not sure whether this works yet or not. I wouldn't recommend hiring a cab, this would be very expensive and maybe renting a car may even be a cheaper and more convenient solution.

:shuriken:

• Like 1

Landesskilehrer, Wiener Skilehrerverband, Österreich
(Ski Instructor International Level 3)

you will find a lot of hotel in the village.from the village to ski center you can go with the ski bus.the bus is coming from athens and make also a stop to pick up people from kalavrita.

Dear Tanya,

I'm not sure that I understood all of what you said.

The hotel that you have already find, is in the village in Kalavrita and 15 km away from the ski area, or is it 15 km away from the village of Kalavryta? Posting a link of the hotel, would be very useful for me in order to give some informations about the transportation to the ski resort.

It's a frequent misunderstood saying "Kalavryta" (which is the village close to the ski area) instead if saying "Helmos" (which is the ski area).

We found a hotel which was 15 km faraway from the ski resort.

Thank you for your replies. Eventually we canceled our hotel reservation and decided to just go to the ski resort for a day and if there are reasonable means of transportation we shall explore the possibilities of staying over there.

It seems that to find any info is rather complicated. We called the hotel, but they claim they don't know how much a taxi would cost. No info on the internet, or hard to find. I assume people mostly carry around on their personal vehicles.

Thanks again.

:animier:

• Like 1

Dear Tania,

Village of Kalavrita is a fabulous spot for staying. There's always the option if the sky bus, as dust said, which is a very low budget option( I think 7 euros)

The only thing than you have to consider is of staying to a hotel close to the ski bus station! There are two ski buses from Athens to Kalavryta, klaoudatos ski bus and aphitrion. When I would be able, I m gone post e mails and tel numbers.

Don't miss the staying in such a wonderful village!

Hello Tanya, please post some feedback of your skiing experience in Greece. Either yours or your bf's too. I'd like to see how do our skiing centers look like to foreign people. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello Tanya, please post some feedback of your skiing experience in Greece. Either yours or your bf's too. I'd like to see how do our skiing centers look like to foreign people. Thanks.

Hi there! I think that Tania hasn't see your post. Take a look at the following video, from Pisoderi ski center.

You could ask anything about any ski center that you would like (or it is convinient for you) to visit and we would very happy to help you with some infos or some videos.

There have always been night skiing events in Greek ski centres, some of them organized by us. Fantastic times, fantastic! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuWDDpz9vWY

(check at 1:22)

A very warm welcome to you and your bf!

Have you ever live the experience of skiing and to have a surf course in the same day?Or just skiing with sea view and after this visiting an archaelogical museum?

In Greece you would not find the largest ski centers of Europe. But there are some fabulous ski centers with spectacular view and great off piste runs.

Welcome!

Have you ever live the experience of skiing and to have a surf course in the same day?Or just skiing with sea view and after this visiting an archaelogical museum?

In Greece you would not find the largest ski centers of Europe. But there are some fabulous ski centers with spectacular view and great off piste runs.

Welcome!

post-7080-0-51630900-1425411178_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Practice makes perfect

Thank u Pant!

Φυσικα ο Ολυμπος !!! ? Κλεβω την φωτογραφια !

Κράτιστον κτημάτων ευβουλία.

Σοφοκλής